Monday, October 15, 2018

The Coaching Hours by Sara Ney [Review]

The Coaching Hours by Sara Ney
The Coaching Hours (How to Date a Douchebag #4) by Sara Ney
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: February 5, 2018

How to Date a Douchebag
1. The Studying Hours
2. The Failing Hours
3. The Learning Hours
4. The Coaching HoursPaperback | Kindle
5. The Lying Hours
5.5. The Teaching Hours

Sara Ney
Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
THERE ARE NO DOUCHEBAGS IN THIS STORY.

Well, there are, but they’re not who this story is about.
This story is about me—the coach’s daughter.

When I moved to Iowa to live with my dad, the university's take-no-prisoners wrestling coach, I thought transferring would be easy as pie—living with my father would be temporary, and he'd make sure his douchebag wrestlers left me alone.
Wrong on both counts.

ASSHOLES ALWAYS COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK WHEN THE STAKES ARE HIGH.

A bet is placed, and I'm on the table. After one humiliating night and too much alcohol, I find the last nice guy on campus. And when he offers to rent me his spare bedroom, I go all in. It’s time for the nice guy to finish first.
Midnight chats and spilling my problems turn to lingering touches. Lingering touches turn to more.
And the ultimate good guy has the potential do more damage than any douchebags ever could.
Thoughts on The Coaching Hours: Holy wow, I LOVED this book. So hard. Sometimes nice guys really do finish first and if anyone deserved a happily ever after, Elliot was the one. I adored the douchebags in the earlier books, don't get me wrong, but Elliot and Anabelle made me so freaking happy.

So. Freaking. Happy.

So. Elliot. The nice guy. The one who had a plan and was going to stick to it. The guy who isn't afraid to step in when he finds a girl crying in the corner. The guy who makes sure the drunk girl has a safe place to crash. And Anabelle. Coach's daughter. The girl who is trying to find her place at a new school while living in her father's house. Which...yeah. When she and Elliot cross paths, it must be fate, right?

I've loved all the douchebags, and now it seems I'm enamored of the non-douchey ones, too. Friends to roommates to lovers is a sweet, sweet way to end this fantastic series. (Although, for the record, I'd never say no to another douchebag finding their special someone. Just sayin'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment