Monday, September 3, 2018

The Learning Hours by Sara Ney [Review]

The Learning Hours by Sara Ney
The Learning Hours (How to Date a Douchebag #3) by Sara Ney
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: September 26, 2017

How to Date a Douchebag
1. The Studying Hours
2. The Failing Hours
3. The Learning HoursPaperback | Kindle
4. The Coaching Hours
5. The Lying Hours
5.5. The Teaching Hours

Sara Ney
Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
He's not a douchebag; but that doesn't stop his friends from turning him into one.

MY FRIENDS WANT ME TO GET LAID.

So much so that they plastered my ugly mug all over campus, in bold printed letters:

Are you the lucky lady who's going to break our roommate's cherry?
Him: socially awkward man with average-sized penis looking for willing sexual partner. You: must have a pulse. He will reciprakate with oral. Text him at: 555-254-5551

The morons can't even spell. And the texts I've been receiving are what wet dreams are made of. But I'm not like these douchebags, no matter how hard they try to turn me into one.

THIS ISN'T THE KIND OF ATTENTION I WANT.

One text stands out from hundreds. One number I can't bring myself to block. She seems different. Hotter, even in black and white.

However, after seeing her in person, I know she's not the girl for me. But my friends won't let up--they just don't get it. Douchebags or not, there's one thing they'll never understand: GIRLS DON'T WANT ME.

Especially her.
Thoughts on The Learning Hours: I loved the Douchebags from the 1st books in the series and I was EAGERLY waiting to see how book 3's hero would wow me. GUESS WHAT? He might not be a Douchebag, but he got the job done. He's a sweetie. A gentleman. Kinda clueless when it came to social interactions, but that was part of his charm.

Things I liked: The H's sweetness. THE GUY WAS A SWEETHEART. I just liked him. So much. Oz and Zeke were awesome in their own ways (the perv and the angry bear are two of my favorites, FOR REAL!), but H's restrained gentleness got me. He's ridiculously good at wrestling, but doesn't broadcast it. He's polite and...and...SWEET. He doesn't see his own worth (which killed me) and that makes him side-eye his first interactions with the h.

Actually, MOST of his interactions with her. He's so certain she can't want him that he doesn't see her flirting AT ALL.

*makes fluttery hands*

Meanwhile, our heroine is...not the most likable when we first meet her. She's so sure of herself it comes off a little arrogant. Once she starts getting to know H, she realizes she needs to go a little slower so she doesn't scare him off. I liked that she was the aggressor of the two. For all his accomplishments as an athlete, he wasn't confident in himself and h had to slow down and show him she wanted him for him.

SWEEEEEET.

Probably the only dark spot with this book is the realization that the trilogy is now complete. I would SERIOUSLY love more Douchebags. I mean, there are certainly more guys on the team who'd qualify to be called that. Let's redeem the Ds, one after the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment