Friday, December 7, 2018

When He Was Bad by Shelly Laurenston, Cynthia Eden [Review]

When He Was Bad by Shelly Laurenston, Cynthia Eden
When He Was Bad by Shelly Laurenston, Cynthia Eden
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: January 4, 2018

Amazon links
When He Was Bad - Paperback | Kindle

Shelly Laurenston
Website | Amazon |

Cynthia Eden
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
A scorching after-dark anthology featuring Alpha males so hot, so wild, and so bad, they may just be the best you've ever had...

Shelly Laurenston
Miss Congeniality

I'm young, good looking, and one day I'll be Alpha Male of my family's Pack. But Professor Irene Conridge acts like I don't even exist. Now she's got enemies coming out of the woodwork and I have to protect her. Of course, it doesn't hurt that while I work to secure her safety, she'll be hanging out at my house--right where I want her.

Cynthia Eden
Wicked Ways

When I hear my sexy new neighbor scream one night, the absolute last thing I expect to see is Miranda Shaw--star of my hottest fantasies--being attacked by a vampire. Too bad for him I'm a badass shifter ready to fight for my fantasies. And Miranda, well, she's so busy watching out for him that she won't see me closing in on her. .
Thoughts on When He Was Bad: I honestly can't resist Shelly Laurenston's shifters. They're like furry crack to me. No, wait. That sounds wrong.

Anyway.

Miss Congeniality - Oh, MAN. Going back to before Van was the Alpha of the Van Holtz pack and before he and Irene had mated was HILARIOUS. Mostly because Irene was so wonderfully pragmatic about everything. Literally everything. Sex. Her looks. People who can turn into animals at will. The lady is logical and blunt to a fault and I LOVED her for it. Plus, she's brutally efficient when she needs to be. When surrounded by predators that's not a bad thing to be. At all.

The men are relentless. The women hold their own. The sex is smokin'. This story was everything I've come to expect from Shelly Laurenston's shifters.

Wicked Ways - Miranda and Cain. The human who accidentally gets tangled up with a sadistic vampire and the shifter who takes it on himself to keep her safe. Given that Cain has a deep, deep craving for Miss Miranda, you can probably see how things progress. To be fair, Cain does try to control himself. It's just, you know, hard when the lady of your dreams is teasing your senses.

A nasty vampire, a hot-blooded shifter, and the lady who suddenly finds herself smack dab in the middle of a hidden supernatural world. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment