Saturday, May 11, 2019

Bout of Books 25 Starting Line

 Bout of Books 25 is COMING!
Bout of Books 25 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily challenges (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time and writing. So...yeah.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books (I hope) to Read
  • Review requests:
    • The Cowgirl's Forever Love by Vivian Arend - READ & REVIEWED
    • How to Wake an Undead City by Hailey Edwards - READ & REVIEWED
  • KU reads
    • A Merciful Fate by Kendra Elliot
    • Boyfriend Bargain by Ilsa Madden-Mills - READ & REVIEWED
    • Wedding Cake Crasher by Alexa Riley - READ & REVIEWED
    • Shielding Lily by Alexa Riley - READ & REVIEWED
    • Starlet by Fiona Davenport - READ & REVIEWED
    • Heiress by Fiona Davenport - READ & REVIEWED
    • Fallen from the Stars by Tiffany Roberts - READ & REVIEWED
    • Daredevil by Fiona Davenport - READ & REVIEWED
    • Flight Risk by Alexa Riley - READ & REVIEWED
    • Paying Daddy's Debt by Alexa Riley - READ & REVIEWED
  • Random reads 
    • Shockwave by Lindsay Buroker - READ & REVIEWED
    • Keepsake by Sarina Bowen - READ & REVIEWED
    • Breaking the Admiral by Ella Drake - READ & REVIEWED
    • The Cat of Amontillado by S.M. Reine - READ & REVIEWED
    • Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen - READ & REVIEWED
    • Sweet Enough to Eat by Alexa Riley - READ & REVIEWED
  • The "If I have the time" part of the list (aka: I didn't have time to draft up review posts, so these are strong contenders, but at the bottom of my list because I'm lazy)
    • Hard Hitter by Sarina Bowen - READ & REVIEWED
    • Pipe Dreams by Sarina Bowen - READ & REVIEWED
    • Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen
    • Bountiful by Sarina Bowen
    • Love Sincerely Yours by Meghan Quinn and Sara Ney
    • Make Me Burn by Tiffany Roberts
    • Miss Mechanic by Emma Hart - READ & REVIEWED
Updates

5/13
Number of books I’ve read today: 5
Total number of books I’ve read: 5
Books read: Shielding Lily, Starlet, Heiress, Wedding Cake Crasher, Sweet Enough to Eat
Today #insixwords: Seriously, six words seems really hard right now, so just run some of these words together in a big mushy pile until you get the required amount.
Things I learned on Twitter: HA! Twitter chat, people. I got to wax poetic about my favorite Winston Brother (CLETUS!) and talk about boning. GOOD TIMES!
Final Tally: One gloriously sweet couple, one aspiring starlet, one virginal heiress, one wedding crashing couple, one painfully awkward storage room encounter

5/14
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 8
Books read: Breaking the Admiral, The Cat of Amontillado, Shockwave
Today #insixwords: Good gravy, I'm tired. So tired.
Things I learned on Twitter: I was offline today. Because I had to work. And watch a bike race.
Final Tally: One fierce alien warrior, one shapeshifting cat, one slightly confused professor

5/15
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 10
Books read: The Cowgirl's Forever Love, Keepsake
Today #insixwords: Meh. Just as tired as yesterday.
Things I learned on Twitter: I don't have time for social media. Not when I have these wild children running around my house. I blame my sister. Clearly they got their banshee-like screams from her.
Final Tally: One adventurous couple, one couple dealing with life

5/16
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 12
Books read: Fallen from the Stars, How to Wake an Undead City
Today #insixwords: Work is really starting to drag.
Things I learned on Twitter: TOO MUCH WORK. Don't ask me how I managed to read two full length books today because I don't know. I DON'T KNOW. I worked. A lot.
Final Tally: One perfectly matched pair, one powerful necromancer

5/17
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 14
Books read: Daredevil, Rookie Move
Today #insixwords: *heart eyes* to the great books
Things I learned on Twitter: Another non-social media day. Might I point out there have been A LOT of those this read-a-thon? DAMN YOU, WORK!
Final Tally: One sexy stunt couple, one hotter than heck hockey player

5/18
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 17
Books read: Hard Hitter, Boyfriend Bargain, Miss Mechanic
Today #insixwords: Day 6 and still going strong.
Things I learned on Twitter: Twitter chat, y'all! It might have started slow, but it was fun. And I got to rec books, which I always enjoy!
Final Tally: One banged up bruiser, one college romance, one antagonistic couple

5/19
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 20
Books read: Pipe Dreams, Flight Risk, Paying Daddy's Debt
Today #insixwords: I'm so damn tired today I can't string together much of anything. Sorry.
Things I learned on Twitter: What's Twitter.
Final Tally: One second chance at romance, one OTT couple, one smitten business man

Final Thoughts: As always, it's been a treat to hang with all you lovely read-a-thon-ers. Thanks for dropping in and making Bout of Books such a success.

2 comments: