Friday, May 10, 2019

Radiant by Naomi Lucas [Review]

Radiant by Naomi Lucas
Radiant (Valos of Sonhadra #5) by Naomi Lucas
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: June 17, 2018

Valos of Sonhadra
1. Alluvial
2. Tempest
2.5. Galvanizing Sol
3. Blazing
4. Whirlwind
5. RadiantPaperback | Kindle
6. Shadowed
7. Undying
8. Enduring
9. Unfrozen
10. Iced
11. Inferno
12. Unleashed

Naomi Lucas
Website | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Yahiro never thought she would end up in prison. Let alone on a prison ship where escape was impossible. But none of that mattered anymore because while she was curled up in the corner of her cell, the lights went out.

And when they turned back on it was worse.

Ending up on a planet—one so different than Earth—greeted by the screams of those who were injured in the crash and the corpses of those who didn't make it, she sets off with the survivors in hopes of finding a way home.

What she finds instead are three golden aliens that won't let her out of their sight, a city on the back of a giant beast, and a ghost world that will never let her leave.
Thoughts on Radiant: I like this series (what's not to like, really? Hunky aliens entirely devoted to the women they save....yasssss) and I liked this book overall, but I did feel like there were a few scenes where the action jumped (for lack of a better way of putting it) and I had to go back and reread to make sure I didn't miss anything. I've read other books by this author and plan on reading more, so obviously it didn't bother me overly much, but it was something I noted while reading.

With that out of the way, we're finally getting a little more info on the roaming cities (which actually might not have been mentioned in the earlier books, but I'm [somewhat] reading these out of order and now I'm confused on my internal timeline). For the record, the more we see about the Creators, the more I kinda hate them. While I doubt those jerkfaces will end up getting their just desserts in the end (heck, they're probably already dead considering how much time has passed for the poor Valos), they did a number on the inhabitants of this world and it pretty much blows.

Anyway. Yahiro is the first of our heroines who wasn't experimented on. Mostly because she's considered batshit crazy after what happened to land her on the prison ship. Only, she's not really crazy. It's more like she's haunted by what she took part in and what was done to her.

Good thing she has Sundamar, Galan, and Quist to help her find her center. The light elementals have a few tricks up their sleeves and once they find their special someone, they're not letting go.

Again, I'm really enjoying this series and meeting the different tribes (or whatever you want to call them) as they're revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment