Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Alluvial by Amanda Milo [Review]

Alluvial by Amanda Milo
Alluvial (Valos of Sonhadra #1) by Amanda Milo
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 18, 2018

Valos of Sonhadra
1. AlluvialKindle
2. Tempest
2.5. Galvanizing Sol
3. Blazing
4. Whirlwind
5. Radiant
6. Shadowed
7. Undying
8. Enduring
9. Unfrozen
10. Iced
11. Inferno
12. Unleashed

Amanda Milo
| WebsiteFacebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Someone’s using me as leverage against my family. I was your average citizen, innocent of any crime worth going to prison for, and yet here I am.

But this isn’t a regular prison ship.

*Torture.*

Experiments.

They alter me. And when the ship crashes on an alien planet, some of my new abilities come in quite handy—it’s the side effects that aren’t entirely welcome.

Not by me, anyway. The tribe of aliens that have taken me captive?

They don’t seem to mind.

The Valos of Sonhadra series is the shared vision of nine scifi and fantasy romance authors. Each book is a standalone with a guaranteed Happy Ever After and can be read in any order.

***Note: Explicit content, sexual situations, and language warning. 44K word novel.
Thoughts on Alluvial: I had some concerns with the happenings in the beginning of this book. Mostly because prison romances between a guard and inmate can be very iffy if not handled right. So I was (a) concerned the first man we were introduced to was going to die horribly and leave Preta on her own or (b) he was going to be a colossal douchecanoe who *expected* things she had only given him because of the imbalance of power due to their positions on the ship.

I'm pleased to say neither of these scenarios came to pass. Drogan didn't die and he wasn't a douchecanoe. He was a little possessive and a lot in love and he still managed to see that the Kahav are her greatest chance for survival what with their ability to keep her healthy and happy.

I like a guy who can rationalize his way through things completely outside what he's used to.

While Drogan had to come to terms with Preta needing more than one mate to keep her on the up and up, Preta had to make her own mental adjustments. Namely, that three very alien beings were all that stood between her and wasting away. Good thing she liked the three men who found her. And good thing that Drogan saw the light when he did and managed to convince her that she needed to follow her heart and her lady garden to wherever they led.

A lot of crazy, a lot of sexy, and a lot of fun. I have a feeling I'm going to blaze through this entire series pretty quickly. I'd best get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment