Thursday, May 30, 2019

Enduring by Marina Simcoe [Review]

Enduring by Marina Simcoe
Enduring (Valos of Sonhadra #8) by Marina Simcoe
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 5, 2018

Valos of Sonhadra
1. Alluvial
2. Tempest
2.5. Galvanizing Sol
3. Blazing
4. Whirlwind
5. Radiant
6. Shadowed
7. Undying
8. EnduringPaperback | Kindle
9. Unfrozen
10. Iced
11. Inferno
12. Unleashed

Marina Simcoe
| WebsiteFacebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
They say crime doesn’t pay . . . but what if it’s done in the name of love? Being left behind by my boyfriend and getting arrested wasn’t part of the plan. Neither was becoming a test subject for a mad scientist, a crash landing in the prison spaceship, and then struggling to survive in a deadly alien jungle.

I could have paid with my life, instead, I was given two incredible reasons to love again, and this time the thing I need to do is to hold on to them.

Love condemned me, now it’s the only thing left that can save everything I hold dear.

Simply enduring is no longer enough.

I want to truly live.
Thoughts on Enduring: I've really REALLY enjoyed this series and I'm a little sad to be hitting the end of the published book. (FYI, I read them slightly out of order, so...you know, it's the end for me.) Sonhadra's been a crazy ride from start to finish and I wouldn't mind digging into more set in this world.

But this is Zoya's story, so let's stop the melancholy moping about endings and get back to that.

Zoya. Another of the inmates experimented on aboard the Concord. She ended up in the Stone City with Vlunn and...Rock. Yeah, like Zoya, I can't do poor Rock's name. It's a tongue twister. As the last of the Stone Valos, they're resigned to the fate they believe is coming for them.

Zoya changes everything. She gives them a reason to want to stay, but a quirk in their partnering might make that impossible. (Vague? I know.) So they focus on making sure Zoya has the skills to continue on if anything were to happen to them.

Another set of caring, possessive Valos and a woman who's dealing with way more than anybody should have to deal with. *heart eyes*

No comments:

Post a Comment