Thursday, April 11, 2019

Tempest by Poppy Rhys [Review]

Tempest by Poppy Rhys
Tempest (Valos of Sonhadra #2) by Poppy Rhys
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 24, 2018

Valos of Sonhadra
1. Alluvial
2. Tempest - PaperbackKindle
2.5. Galvanizing Sol
3. Blazing
4. Whirlwind
5. Radiant
6. Shadowed
7. Undying
8. Enduring
9. Unfrozen
10. Iced
11. Inferno
12. Unleashed

Poppy Rhys
| Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
They can't break me.

I wasn't prepared for what came after I got arrested and sent to prison. Finding my sister in that hellhole should've been easy.

I wasn't prepared to survive an alien planet straight out of a prehistoric nightmare. Facing my fears to withstand the creatures that wanted to eat me, and the four alien men that watched me like a morsel they wanted to sink their teeth into...

I wasn't prepared for any of it.

But I sure as hell wouldn't let it break me.

This story contains a reverse harem (m/m/f/m/m) of fish-man, element wielding, alien heroes, mature content, violence, and probably too much language!
Thoughts on Tempest: Sisterly love, man. It's a big one. I mean, sure, Charlie got a little distracted from her mission to recover her sister when she got caught up in the underwater city and had four beautiful men focused on her, but she was also sort of trapped in the city until the fish migration was over. Did you see the part about four men? Four dudes entirely dedicated to making sure she's cared for and *ahem* taken care of. Can you blame her for getting distracted?

As for me, I liked Charlie's men. They were flirty and intense and a little growly when the situation called for it, but their complete dedication to all things Charlie made me grin. Honestly, no matter what superpowers a person gained from all the experimentation going on aboard the prison ship, Sonhadra is a kind of terrifying place and having a group of people actively working to keep their special someone safe is sort of needed.

Charlie and her men and Preta and her men have their work cut out for them between the natural dangers of the planet and the sudden influx of babies they're going to find themselves under. I'm guessing they'll do just fine, though. Each woman has four men apiece and that's a lot of willing hands to help out.

Have I mentioned I like these reverse harem books lately? Because I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment