Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Galvanizing Sol by Amanda Milo and Poppy Rhys [Review]

Galvanizing Sol by Amanda Milo and Poppy Rhys
Galvanizing Sol (Valos of Sonhadra #2.5) by Amanda Milo and Poppy Rhys
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 7, 2018

Valos of Sonhadra
1. Alluvial
2. Tempest
2.5. Galvanizing SolKindle
3. Blazing
4. Whirlwind
5. Radiant
6. Shadowed
7. Undying
8. Enduring
9. Unfrozen
10. Iced
11. Inferno
12. Unleashed

Amanda Milo
Website | Facebook | Amazon |

Poppy Rhys
Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I always lose the women I love...

I'd been assigned to visit Earth's Interstellar Penitentiary System, Concord, where my girls were imprisoned.

Stick to the plan, Sol, I tried to tell myself. That went to hell when the prison ship crashed. Well, a little before then. See, the ship wasn't just holding prisoners--they were being used for experiments.

They were torturing them.

They were torturing my girls.

I consider myself a level-headed man, but when I found that out, I lost my sh*t.

Had we not wrecked, I'd have lost a whole lot more.

I knew they were still alive--they had to be.

Somewhere, on this planet where everything wanted to eat you, were the only two women in the universe that I had left. That I loved.

Until her.

This is a follow-up novella for Alluvial and Tempest. Approx 26K words. There's adult situations, a little violence (maybe a little more than a little), and adult language--after all, this IS DaddySol's story.
Thoughts on Galvanizing Sol: Papa Sol's story. Because when space sucking accidents happen, sometimes the daddy of two of the inmates is in the right place at the right time.

Sol is one of the few survivors who wasn't experimented on. He doesn't have any nifty abilities to help him in his time on Sonhadra, just a driving desire to survive so he can find his daughters and make sure they're safe. FYI, unlike most of the military-based personnel aboard the Concord, he's a good guy. Not just because he's furious about the experiments done on his girls, but because he's a stand-up guy with a working moral compass. (There are a couple others like him, too, but those seem to be few and far between.)

Honestly, Sol does okay when things go bad after the crash. He's surviving. He's found someone who has his back. Then things fall apart. Fortunately for him, Nori steps in and helps him navigate the dangerous world.

As often happens, romance starts to bloom. Sort of. I mean, romancing a cyborg is hard when she has no emotions. Until, you know, she does. Then things get FUN.

A solid follow-up to Charlie and Preta's stories. Since it's on the shorter side, things move quickly, but we get to revisit Charlie and Preta and see where they're at now. Plus, Sol. The guy who risked it all to save his daughters.

*thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment