Monday, April 26, 2021

Miss Fix-It by Emma Hart [Review]

Miss Fix-It by Emma Hart
Miss Fix-It by Emma Hart
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: April 8, 2020

Purchase Links: Paperback | Kindle

Emma Hart
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
One handywoman.
One single dad.
One set of twins.
And the wall isn’t the only thing being drilled…

I learned the hard way that being a handywoman isn’t easy. The questions, the stares—the assumption I’m the proud owner of a cock and balls. Not that it matters. I’ve proven over and over that I’m ready for anything the judgmental asses throw at me.

Except the hot, single dad of twins who just moved to town.

Brantley Cooper gets the shock of his life when I show up on his doorstep to fix up his kids’ new rooms. His son is confused why ‘the pretty lady has a drill,’ and his daughter has a new obsession—me.

On paper, my job is easy. Go in, do their bedrooms, and leave.

In theory, I’m spending eight hours a day with a guarded, sexy as hell guy, and I’m staying for dinner more often than I’m eating it alone, on my couch, with Friends re-runs.

I shouldn’t be staying for dinner. I shouldn’t be helping him out with the twins. I shouldn’t be falling in love with tiny toes and dimpled cheeks.

And I most definitely should not be kissing my client.
Oops…
Thoughts on Miss Fix-It: I'm digging these gender-flipped job books. Kali might be a lady, but she knows her way around a hammer and she's not afraid to let people know it. Brantley might have expected a man when he set up to have a handyman come look at his kids' rooms, but he adjusted quickly and pretty soon he's making eyes at Kali as she does her job.

The one thing Kali wasn't prepared for was how his twins crawled into her heart and set up shop. For a lady who never imagined she'd have kids, falling for her client's two little imps is a big surprise. Fortunately for her, her stepmom is there for her to lean on when she needs to figure things out about this ready-made family.

As for Brantley, he's charmed by Kali and kind of shocked when she makes him feel like a real, living man again. Falling for his handyman wasn't in his plan, but he's an expert at on-the-fly adjustments and Kali and he fit nicely.

Like I said, I'm digging these gender-flipped job books. Kali's smart and sassy and good at what she does. Brantley might not have been looking for love, but it smacked him upside the head and he was smart enough to run with it. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment