Saturday, May 8, 2021

Bout of Books 31 Starting Line

Bout of Books 31
 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily challenges (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time and writing. So...yeah.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
  • Review requests:
    • The Stone God by Erin Kellison - READ
    • Paper & Blood by Kevin Hearne
  • KU reads
    • His Human Assistant by Michele Mills - READ
    • The Buff Beast by Honey Phillips - READ
  • Random reads 
    • On His Watch by Katie Ruggle - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Hold Your Breath by Katie Ruggle - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Fan the Flames by Katie Ruggle - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Gone Too Deep by Katie Ruggle - READ (re-read, no review)
    • In Safe Hands by Katie Ruggle - READ (re-read, no review)
    • After the End by Katie Ruggle - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Run to Ground by Katie Ruggle - READ (re-read, no review)
    • On the Chase by Katie Ruggle - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Survive the Night by Katie Ruggle - READ (re-read, no review)
    • Through the Fire by Katie Ruggle - READ (re-read, no review)
Updates

5/10
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 2
Books read: His Human Assistant, On His Watch
Today #insixwords: What even happened to the day?
Things I learned on Twitter: I almost forgot about the Twitter chat. GOOD THING AMANDA WAS ON THE BALL TODAY! LOL!
Final Tally: One obsessed alien, one search and rescue mission

5/11
Number of books I’ve read today: 0
Total number of books I’ve read: 2
Books read: -none-
Today #insixwords: Classic example of "sometimes life happens."
Things I learned on Twitter: You know how we often remind you all not to beat yourself up if life gets in the way of reading? THIS IS A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF THAT. I had my 2nd COVID shot scheduled for today AND it's my grandma's 94th birthday (Happy B-Day, G-ma!). Between heading out to get the shot and A WHOLE LOT of family time, I didn't get any reading in today. LIFE HAPPENS. And I'm cool with it. (Mostly. I mean, I wouldn't have minded having some reading time, but so it goes!)
Final Tally: -none-

5/12
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 4
Books read: Hold Your Breath, Fan the Flames
Today #insixwords: Got some reading in today! Whoo-hoo!
Things I learned on Twitter: I was mostly offline today. (WORRRRRK. So much work) Basically, I had to squeeze in reading when I could. Which worked nicely, come to think of it.
Final Tally: One adorably grumpy dive team leader, one hotter-than-heck fireman

5/13
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 6
Books read: Gone Too Deep, In Safe Hands
Today #insixwords: This series re-read is going well!
Things I learned on Twitter: Between work and family (and vaccination shots), this week has felt a wee bit chaotic. But I'm making it happen. Mostly.
Final Tally: One silent mountain of a man, one determined deputy

5/14
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 9
Books read: After the End, The Stone God, The Buff Beast
Today #insixwords: Got some good books read today!
Things I learned on Twitter: I wasn't on the social media much today. Work and family and reading and all that.
Final Tally: One glorious couple-y wrap-up, one seriously surly heroine, one stranded couple

5/15
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 10
Books read: Run to Ground
Today #insixwords: Lazy Saturday with a good book.
Things I learned on Twitter: I MADE IT IN TIME FOR THE TWITTER CHAT! All things considered, this is a major win. Especially since I was hosting it this time. LOL!
Final Tally: One surly cop

5/16
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 13
Books read: On the Chase, Survive the Night, Through the Fire
Today #insixwords: Closing out a solid series re-read!
Things I learned on Twitter: Today was a lazy day. I read. Full stop. That's what I did today and pretty much nothing else. NICE!
Final Tally: One fun-loving cop, one gentle giant, one determined couple

Final Thoughts: This felt like a VERY low-key BoB for me. Mostly because I was mentally all over the place during it (see: forgetting about the chat on Monday. LOL). That said, I had fun (as always) and I really dug the Discord sprints. Also, HUGE shoutout to Amanda for picking up the slack when I went radio silent. YOU'RE THE BEST, A! To all the readers and sprinters and anyone else who joined in: THANK YOU! You make Bout of Books what it is and I ADORE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment