Friday, June 11, 2021

Dash by Kelsey Nicole Price [Review]

Dash by Kelsey Nicole Price
Dash (The Cyborg Chronicles #1) by Kelsey Nicole Price
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 15, 2020

The Cyborg Chronicles
1. Dash - Paperback | Kindle
2. Reaper
3. Acer
4. Dax

Kelsey Nicole Price
| Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
When the Global Allegiance terminated all Cyborgs, rumors were rampant that they still existed, either hidden away with wealthy collectors or—even more scandalous—part of the Cyborg Rebellion.

Iris

I collect stuff. Some call me a hoarder. I prefer the term treasure hunter. In my wildest dreams I never thought I’d find a cyborg but maybe my dreams should have been wilder because that’s exactly what I find.
Big, blue and now mine, I take him home promising him that he is now free.
I can’t help the fact he is sexy as hell...and that blue is my favorite color.

478 Dash 942

I have been kept locked in a box, hidden away and forgotten.
Then I am pulled from my box by a strange human female who calls herself Iris.
Iris gives me a name and promises that I am no longer just a possession.
That my job is no longer only to serve.
The thought is terrifying but for the first time I feel hope.
Maybe this human is truly different.
One thing I know for sure is that Iris is fascinating and...tempting.
Thoughts on Dash: I have to admit I don't like when cyborgs are used and abused and then forcibly terminated. Actually, I don't like it when that happens to anything or anyone. But cyborgs are my personal kryptonite. So, yeah. Dash and his brethren totally have reason to rise up against the GA and cause a little havoc, in my book.

Let's look at how things played out, shall we? Dash is created, abused, and boxed up before the GA can grab him. He's lived a life of pain and humiliation and he's still bound to serve whoever finds him. Which blows, man. Hard. Fortunately for him, Iris isn't vindictive or cruel. She's a little confused by finding a cyborg while treasure hunting, but she never treats him like he's less than her.

As it turns out, that's what matters to Dash and his fellow cyborgs.

When a mission to save Iris's friend goes horribly wrong, everyone realizes how much much these two mean to one another and the lengths they'll go to never leave the other's side.

I have to say, I liked Dash, but I'm even more intrigued by the other models introduced along the way. Here's to seeing how their story plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment