Thursday, June 17, 2021

Loving the Wounded Warrior by Adriana Anders [Review]

Loving the Wounded Warrior by Adriana Anders
Loving the Wounded Warrior (Love at Last #2) by Adriana Anders
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 15, 2020

Love at Last
1. Loving the Secret Billionaire
2. Loving the Wounded Warrior - Paperback | Kindle
3. Loving the Mountain Man

Adriana Anders
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
She was my best friend's little sister—and the woman who ruined my life.

O'Neal Jones was the last person I expected to run into on this mountain in the middle of nowhere.
But I wanted her, even if it was a bad idea.
And it was a very bad idea. Because this thing between us was too deep, too hot. It tore through flesh and bone to sear my soul.
Then, in the course of one night, she worked her way into my tent and my sleeping bag...
The question was, could I heal my wounds enough to let her into my heart?

Loving the Wounded Warrior is a sexy standalone novella, in the Love at Last series.
Thoughts on Loving the Wounded Warrior: O'Neal, who was introduced in Veronica's book, takes center stage this time around. She's focused, curious, and sometimes pushes when she shouldn't. And sometimes she doesn't realize that her pushing has repercussions until after the fact.

Take Kurt's situation for example. Not his current one, but the one that derailed his athletic career. She had no clue her article would cause him such grief and she's a little horrified when it's laid out for her. Which isn't to say it backs her completely off his current situation, but it makes her reconsider how far she's willing to push to get a story.

As for Kurt, he's adrift. Wandering, literally, as he fulfills a promise to a dead friend. O'Neal's appearance is both a blessing and a curse. It reminds him of the past, but it also wakes him up and makes him start thinking about the future.

A sexy night or two, a man trying to find purpose, and a woman who wants to be it for him. GOOD STUFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment