Friday, December 30, 2022

Bout of Books 36 Starting Line

Bout of Books 36 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily reading sprints (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time and writing-ish. So...yeah.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
  • KU reads
    • Wicked Harvest by Karen MacInerney - READ & REVIEWED
    • Slay Bells Ring by Karen MacInerney - READ & REVIEWED
    • Sweet Revenge by Karen MacInerney - READ & REVIEWED
    • Peach Clobber by Karen MacInerney - READ & REVIEWED
    • Her Alien Stepbrother by Michele Mills - READ & REVIEWED
    • Toghat the Vile by Cara Wylde - READ & REVIEWED
    • Snowbound with the Winter Lord by Cara Wylde - READ & REVIEWED
    • Taliz by Alana Khan - READ & REVIEWED
    • Baki by Ella Maven - READ & REVIEWED
    • Zearn by Rena Marks - READ & REVIEWED
    • Endark by Honey Phillips - READ & REVIEWED
    • Magical Midlife Challenge by K.F. Breene - READ & REVIEWED
    • Honor-Bound Witch by Deanna Chase - READ & REVIEWED
  • Random reads 
    • More Than a Little Warped by Annette Marie - READ & REVIEWED
    • Star-Crossed Witch by Deanna Chase - READ & REVIEWED
Updates

Monday (Day 1)
Number of books I’ve read today: 4
Total number of books I’ve read: 4
Books read: Wicked Harvest, Slay Bells Ring, Her Alien Stepbrother, More Than a Little Warped
Today #insixwords: A good day for reading books!
Things I learned on Twitter: I missed the Twitter chat due to family obligations (Happy b-day, BIL!), but I saw some of it. LOL. #NakedWerewolves FTW! I did, however, get some reviews written, which (as some might know) is the bane of my existence when I go into full-on reading mode! So I'm counting today as a BIG win!
Final Tally: One murderous small town, one dangerous hunting party, one sexy alien heir, one WILD magical ride

Tuesday (Day 2)
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 7
Books read: Taliz, Sweet Revenge, Toghat the Vile
Today #insixwords: Getting ready for a big storm.
Things I learned on Twitter: Uggh, back to work after a week off and I genuinely wouldn't have minded a few more days. THINK OF ALL THE BOOKS I COULD HAVE READ. Alas.
Final Tally: One conflicted alien, one poisoned tea, one gentlemanly orc

Wednesday (Day 3)
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 10
Books read: Peach Clobber, Baki, Snowbound with the Winter Lord
Today #insixwords: Waiting for the storm to hit.
Things I learned on Twitter: We have big weather sitting off the coast and we're being told it's going to be a BIG one. So I'm hunkering down, making sure all my devices are charged and ...waiting. Work and book reading. That's what's going on.
Final Tally: One terrible accident, one gentle alien warrior, one fae lord

Thursday (Day 4)
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 13
Books read: Zearn, Endark, Star-Crossed Witch
Today #insixwords: Huh. Still waiting on that storm.
Things I learned on Twitter: I don't even know. Between work and reading, things are good.
Final Tally: One sneaky alien warrior, one shapeshifter on the edge, one beleaguered matchmaker

Friday (Day 5)
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 14
Books read: Magical Midlife Challenge
Today #insixwords: Friday. Friiiiiday. FRIDAY! I have happiness!
Things I learned on Twitter: Look, I only read one book because I had that work thing to do today. I didn't have time to be on social media. Dang it.
Final Tally: One wild ride

Saturday (Day 6)
Number of books I’ve read today: 0
Total number of books I’ve read: 14
Books read: -none-
Today #insixwords: What even is time, my friends?
Things I learned on Twitter: I got unexpectedly called into work and that REALLY threw me off my game. LOL. So, anyway. It's Saturday, I guess. Maybe.
Final Tally: -none-

Sunday (Day 7)
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 15
Books read: Honor-Bound Witch
Today #insixwords: A lazy day for some reading.
Things I learned on Twitter: Y'all...I didn't do anything today. I mean, I barely read, much less anything beyond that. LOL
Final Tally: One seriously beleaguered matchmaker

Final Thoughts: Another BoB has come and gone and (thankfully) Twitter was around through the end of it. Here's to more books in our future!

1 comment: