Thursday, December 22, 2022

Three Bells, Two Bows and One Brother's Best Friend by Willa Nash [Review]

Three Bells, Two Bows and One Brother's Best Friend (Holiday Brothers #2) by Willa Nash
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: November 22, 2021

Holiday Brothers
1. The Naughty, the Nice and the Nanny
2. Three Bells, Two Bows and One Brother's Best Friend - Paperback | Kindle
3. A Partridge and a Pregnancy

Willa Nash
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I pride myself in being grounded. Sure, I’ve had my share of childhood fantasies. Winning an Oscar. Winning the lottery. Winning an Olympic medal for an athletic talent I have yet to discover. But the only fantasy I ever thought might actually happen was winning my brother’s best friend.

Heath Holiday.

My crush on him has ebbed and flowed over the years, but the day I started working for his construction company was the day I smothered it for good. Sort of. Mostly. It was on my to-do list. Making it a priority would have been easier had he not arrived at his family’s annual Christmas party looking ridiculously handsome in a suit.

Then he kissed me. We stepped into an alternate universe and he kissed me. I assumed the next day I’d just be Guy’s little sister again. The office newbie. Our kiss forgotten. Except he keeps showing up at my house. With gifts.

A gold bracelet carrying three jingling bells. Two dainty jeweled earrings, each shaped as a bow. And finally, he brought himself.

One brother’s best friend, asking if I can keep a secret.
Thoughts on Three Bells, Two Bows and One Brother's Best Friend: It's time for the next Holiday brother to fall and he sure does fall hard. To be fair, however, Stella falls just as hard for him. In fact, they've both been doing some long term pining and trying to pretend like they don't like-like one another because of the whole brother's best friend thing and that doesn't work out so well. So when they finally start admitting there may be more there...well, that's when things get both simpler and more complicated.

PSA: Asking your special someone to keep your relationship a secret never seems to end up well. While Heath certainly had his reasons (he wanted to break things to their respective families before they went public), his need for secrecy makes Stella feel like the proverbial dirty little secret. Which isn't such a great thing.

Anywho. A Christmas party, a couple of well-considered gifts, a couple trying really hard to be stealthy, more than a few steamy kisses, and a punch Heath sees coming. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment