Friday, May 5, 2023

Bout of Books 37 - Starting Line

Bout of Books 37 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily reading sprints (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time and writing-ish. So...yeah.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
  • Review requests:
    • -none-
  • KU reads
    • Crazy as a Loon by Hailey Edwards - READ & REVIEWED
    • A Bump in Boohail by Kimberly Lemming - READ & REVIEWED
    • Stolen Sorcery and Other Misadventures by Annette Marie and Rob Jacobsen - READ & REVIEWED
    • Last on the List by Amy Daws - READ & REVIEWED
    • Unforgettable by Marley Valentine - READ & REVIEWED
    • Watt and Bothered by Fiona Davenport - READ & REVIEWED
    • Something Wicked This Way Comes by Elle Christensen - READ & REVIEWED
  • Random reads 
    • Banana Chiffon and Bad Deeds by London Lovett - READ & REVIEWED
    • Heads Will Cinnamon Roll by London Lovett - READ & REVIEWED
    • Duality by Anna Carven - READ & REVIEWED
    • Alone by Megan E. Freeman - READ & REVIEWED
Updates

Monday (Day 1)
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 3
Books read: A Bump in Boohail, Banana Chiffon and Bad Deeds, Crazy as a Loon
Today #insixwords: I'm really not feeling this monday.
Things I learned on Twitter: I was working and reading. NO TIME FOR LOVE, DR JONES! Or, well, no time for social media. Maybe tomorrow?
Final Tally: One prank-loving family, one worried baker, one SASSY retired coven

Tuesday (Day 2)
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 4
Books read: Heads Will Cinnamon Roll
Today #insixwords: Work is just WAY too much.
Things I learned on Twitter: Well, I got one review written today, so I guess that's good.
Final Tally: One determined baker

Wednesday (Day 3)
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 5
Books read: Stolen Sorcery & Other Misadventures
Today #insixwords: So so so very much work.
Things I learned on Twitter: Wow. Work has been busy this week. Which kind of cuts into my reading time, if you must know. Anywho. I've made it through Wednesday. That's good.
Final Tally: One seriously put-upon MPD agent

Thursday (Day 4)
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 6
Books read: Duality
Today #insixwords: It's really only Thursday? WHAT? HOW?
Things I learned on Twitter: I...really could have done with less work this work-week. But so it goes.
Final Tally: One affectionate couple

Friday (Day 5)
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 7
Books read: Last on the List
Today #insixwords: This has been a weird week.
Things I learned on Twitter: I don't even know.
Final Tally: One single dad and the nanny

Saturday (Day 6)
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 8
Books read: Unforgettable
Today #insixwords: This #BoutOfBooks has just flown by.
Things I learned on Twitter: Another "I don't even know" day. Seriously. This has been the oddest BoB for me. Between work and other things I feel VERY unfocused!
Final Tally: One unforgettable one night stand

Sunday (Day 7)
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 11
Books read: Watt and Bothered, Alone. Something Wicked This Way Comes
Today #insixwords: Another BoB is in the bag.
Things I learned on Twitter: I might need to change this portion of my daily reporting because I'm not Twittering much and I don't know if it's going to EVER come back. I'll have to see what the next BoB brings!
Final Tally: One lonely "monster", one girl fighting for survival, one thoroughly wicked witch

Final Thoughts: A fair amount of books interspersed with more than my usual amount of work. Which sucks, but what can a person do?

No comments:

Post a Comment