Friday, August 18, 2023

Bout of Books 38 Starting Line

Bout of Books 38 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily reading sprints (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading. As usual, I'm also working full time (and on a massive work deadline). So...yeah.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
  • Review requests:

  • KU reads
    • The Little Things by Anna Carven - READ & REVIEWED
    • Trouble for My Troll by Honey Phillips - READ & REVIEWED
    • What Makes an Alien a Dad? by Marina Simcoe - READ & REVIEWED
  • Random reads 
    • Riley Thorn and the Dead Guy Next Door by Lucy Score - READ (Reread, no review)
    • Riley Thorn and the Corpse in the Closet by Lucy Score - READ (Reread, no review)
    • Riley Thorn and the Blast from the Past by Lucy Score - READ (Reread, no review)
    • Lucid Harmony by Anna Carven - READ & REVIEWED
Updates

Monday (Day 1)
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 1
Books read: The Little Things
Today #insixwords: So much work. Sooooooo much work.
Things I learned on Twitter: I'm on a wicked deadline at work and BOY does it cut into my reading.
Final Tally: One smitten couple

Tuesday (Day 2)
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 2
Books read: Riley Thorn and the Dead Guy Next Door
Today #insixwords: Work is just wildly draining, yo.
Things I learned on Twitter: Still on deadline, still carving out reading time in fits and starts.
Final Tally: One reluctant psychic

Wednesday (Day 3)
Number of books I’ve read today: 0
Total number of books I’ve read: 2
Books read: NONE? OH NO!
Today #insixwords: This deadline is just outta control.
Things I learned on Twitter: I'm kind of over having deadline week the same week at BoB. LOLOLOL. SOB.
Final Tally: (nada. dang.)

Thursday (Day 4)
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 3
Books read: Riley Thorn and the Corpse in the Closet
Today #insixwords: Still deadlining. Still just chugging along.
Things I learned on Twitter: I think the deadline end is in sight. Maybe. I hope.
Final Tally: One overprotective boyfriend and the psychic who loves him.

Friday (Day 5)
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 4
Books read: Riley Thorn and the Blast from the Past
Today #insixwords: Well, it's Friday. That's a plus.
Things I learned on Twitter: GOOD GRAVY. Deadlines can suck it. I'd really like a day off. lololol
Final Tally: One psychic trying to stay out of danger (and failing admirably)

Saturday (Day 6)
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 6
Books read: Lucid Harmony, Trouble for My Troll
Today #insixwords: Baby shower and a little reading.
Things I learned on Twitter: I've reached that delirious level of exhaustion that isn't funny, but it is. Even my days off don't feel like days off at this point.
Final Tally: One sweet assassin, one conflicted troll

Sunday (Day 7)
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 7
Books read: What Makes an Alien a Dad?
Today #insixwords: MAN. Where did the weekend go?
Things I learned on Twitter: This has been an EXTREMELY non-social media readathon for me. I had a lot going on (mostly for work) and it just sucked all my time away.
Final Tally: One focused alien scientist

Final Thoughts: Another BoB in the bag! This was a weird one for me because I was very distracted by work, but I got some reading in and I'm happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment