Monday, September 11, 2023

Wed to the Wild God by Ruby Dixon [Review]

Wed to the Wild God (Aspect and Anchor #3) by Ruby Dixon
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: September 19, 2022

Aspect and Anchor
0.5. The King's Spinster Bride
1. Bound to the Battle God
2. Sworn to the Shadow God
3. Wed to the Wild God - Paperback | Kindle
3.5. The Half-Orc's Maiden Bride
4. Servant to the Spidae

Ruby Dixon
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
When I find a gorgeous stranger in an alley, covered in blood, you'd think the logical thing would be to go to the authorities.

Not me. I take him home.

I've got my reasons, though. See, Kassam is cursed with hedonism. He's a god from another world, accidentally stuck in ours. Anyone (and everyone) around him falls under his spell. It's impossible to resist. Like scratching an itch. And being around Kassam? Boy, do I itch.

But trying to send the god home to his world is a near-impossible task. Between everyone we meet trying to kiss him and the gods of this world trying to get rid of him, I'm in over my head. There's only one solution that will keep me safe -- marry him. Being the wife of a god will protect me from immortal machinations.

Now, I just need to figure out a way to protect my heart from Kassam himself.
Thoughts on Wed to the Wild God: Oh, man. Kassam and Carly are...well, Kassam is cursed with hedonism, so you can probably imagine how they are. Let's just say they meshed well together from the start and leave it at that. (And by meshed I mean their interlocking parts did A LOT of interlocking right from the get-go. Heh.)

So. Kassam. The god who was trapped with a sword in him long enough to cause a blood glacier to form. Not going to lie, that doesn't sound enjoyable. But he was freed and immediately whisked to earth where he proceeded to enrapture anyone and everyone who even glanced in his direction. Including Carly. Although she did manage to find a work-around of sorts to keep her from going all wild at the slightest bat of his glorious lashes.

As for Carly, Kassam would have been lost without her. She not only anchored him to the world, she made his see that his actions had consequences. And for a god that's a pretty big deal. She also gave everything to him. She refused to give up on him and stood by his side even when it was really not in her best interest to. But hey. She loved the wild god and staying beside him wasn't the worst thing she could have done. I mean, yeah, it could have ended very badly, but sometimes a human lady has to throw caution to the wind and give their godly hunny-bunny their everything.

Anywho. A sexy wild god, a somewhat sketchy trickster, the fates, love, a deep thicket that has SEEN THINGS, and a woman who would give up everything to see her dude succeed. Oh, yeah. And two people who can't keep their hands off one another. I mean, he's hedonism. Keeping his hands to himself would just be WRONG.

No comments:

Post a Comment