Thursday, December 21, 2023

Snowbound with the Winter Lord by Cara Wylde [Review]

Snowbound with the Winter Lord by Cara Wylde
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: January 4, 2023

Purchase LinksKindle

Cara Wylde
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Nora
I was looking forward to a cozy writing retreat with my best friend, at a cabin in the mountains, but when a snowstorm hits and the roads become impracticable, I end up alone, in the middle of nowhere. And then the power goes out, there’s no signal, and I hear a knock on my window. With a candle in hand, I look outside, and there’s a blue-skinned man with antlers staring back at me.

Velyan
I never liked the world of humans. I like it even less when I must leave my home behind and I end up in the middle of a vicious snowstorm, and the nearest shelter is a cabin that’s occupied by one of them. I ask the human woman to let me inside, and she answers by blocking all entrances. I soon realize my short exile in the human world is not going to be made easy by the bright-eyed, curvy beauty who denies me everything I crave.
Thoughts on Snowbound with the Winter Lord: Heh. An unexpected snowstorm that strands a human woman with a fae lord on the run. Things are quick and dirty (once she gets over the shock of finding out what he is) and I am here for it.

I mean, a winter lord who packs a lot of oomph in the magical department and who will do a whole lot for the people he believes in. Seeing how Velyan's fascinated by Nora despite her freak out over him the first time she lays eyes on him, she's one of those he's willing to go to extreme lengths for.

Fast, steamy, a fair amount of danger (for both of them), and a whole lot of snow. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment