Saturday, October 9, 2010

Review: Dominique's Release: A Captive Souls Story by Kimberly Kaye Terry

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
All her life Dominique Fouche has chafed under her coven's 'protection'. It's time she found out why she has never been allowed to explore the darker side of her nature. She ventures forth to get answers from the father she has never known, only to learn he is dead and she's the new owner of his mansion.

The house is as mysterious as her past, where just opening an ancient book releases the pent-up fury and lust of a handsome, larger-than-life creature. Her strange new lover leaves her weak, satiated-and deathly afraid.

Bacclum, a mixed-blood angel, will not allow a mere witch stop him from finding his family and claiming his rightful heritage. Even if it means using every means at his disposal to siphon off Dominique's power. Yet once deep inside her sinfully sweet body, he finds himself bound by a magic far stronger than any spell.

There's a reason her blood calls out to his-and it's made her an unwitting target of the same deadly forces bent on denying Bacclum his birthright.

Warning: Contains angel lovin' hot enough to send you to confession for a month of Sundays-even if you're not Catholic.
My Thoughts: In typical me fashion, I read the books backwards. For the record, this is book 1.  Stone's Embrace is book 2. Demon Dreamer is book 3.  I still maintain that's the fatal flaw in the Amazon Kindle experience.  Put the damn series numbers on the ordering page, Amazon.  Please!

Whew.  Okay.

This is probably the weakest story of the three.  The plot felt like it was all over the place and, to be honest, I wasn't entirely convinced that Bacclum deserved to be released from his prison.  He was kinda a dick.  And I don't mean that in the sexy *wink, wink* sort of way.

The sudden outside conflict that arises at the end felt forced.  Although we had been given hints about the creatures from the journals, the attack felt like it came on a whim.

In a way, I'm glad I read this book last because I think I might have been put off by how chaotically the plot progressed.  As someone who likes to complete a series, I'm glad I read it.  As someone who was really looking forward to a hot read, I wasn't as impressed as with the other two.

More books by Kimberly Kaye Terry

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment