Saturday, March 19, 2011

Review: Wild Desire by Lori Brighton

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
First He Drove Her Mad

In what feels like a moment, Beatrice Edmund goes from being a proper lady cooped up in a stuffy Scottish castle to traveling miles from anything she's ever known, in the midst of the wildest adventure of her life. And at the center of that adventure is the most infuriating, puzzling scoundrel on earth. She cannot take her eyes off him.

Then He Drove Her Wild

Colin Fitch cannot deny he's drawn to Beatrice--but lust is all he could possibly feel for the sharp-tongued minx. Still, if there's a chance she can help him stop the madman he pursues, he must withstand her obvious disapproval. Yet withstanding the longing he feels for her is growing more troublesome by the second. . . And Colin has never been terribly good at staying out of trouble. . .
My Thoughts: Guys, I liked this book.  A lot.  I had read a short story set in this universe in Kiss Me, Kill Me (review) and I liked it enough to snap this one up when it briefly popped up as a free Kindle download.

So what made it so enjoyable?  Well, that's a good question.  I liked Bea.  She has that whole moneyed lady thing going for her until you realize that she's led an isolated, lonely life.  Colin was downright delectable.  I always root for the man who busts in on a naked lady and gives her a good kissing.  Always.  Leo and Ella were ridiculously sweet (and I can't wait to backtrack and read their story).

This might shock some people but until recently I didn't even know there was a paranormal historical romance sub-genre.  I KNOW!  What rock have I been living under?!?!  Needless to say, finding this out opened up an entire world of unending surprises!  (As an aside, until a couple of years ago I had no idea that there were enough Zombie books out there to sate my unquenchable thirst for all things shambling and moaning.  I mean, really!  I love Zombies.  How could I have not known about all those wonderful Zombie books?)

The point I'm trying to make is that I really enjoy the paranormal historical romance genre.  Now, there don't seem to be a ton out there, but this one definitely hit the spot.

Did I mention that I'm going to go read the first book in this series now?

More books by Lori Brighton

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! This sounds great, I didn't realise this was a paranormal. I received a copy of this from the author, looking forward to starting it, bring on Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete