Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Review: Hungry For You by A.M. Harte

Synopsis (Goodreads):
"There is no greater drug than relationships; there is no sweeter death than love."

Love is horrible. It’s ruthless, messy, mind-altering, and raw. It takes no prisoners. It chews you up and spits you out and leaves you for dead. Love is, you could say, very much like a zombie.

In this haunting short story collection, anything is possible—a dying musician turns to tea for inspiration; a police sergeant struggles with a very unusual victim; a young wife is trapped in a house hiding unimaginable evil….

With "Hungry For You", A.M. Harte explores the disturbing and delightful in an anthology that unearths the thin boundary between love and death.
My Thoughts: I liked the different takes on Zombie-ism we had going on here. Each story was a snippet but it gave you enough info to get a feel for the different types of zombies that A.M. Harte has created - from the traditional flesh eaters to the zombies that gorge themselves on sex and sin to the couple that don't eat human flesh but instead prefer a more animal-centric diet.

While I definitely enjoyed the stories as a whole, I would personally love to read something longer set in the Hungry For You world (err... that's the name of one of the stories, not just the book, by the way). I was intrigued by the idea of zombies feeding off of sex and managing to retain some of their higher brain functions if they gorged themselves. Plus, I kinda like the love angle that was going on. So, yeah. I'm saying that my favorite story is the one that talks about zombie boners.

There's something wrong with me, isn't there?

Overall, this was a fun and imaginative take on the idea of the walking dead. There are several gems that stand out (zombie boners do it for me... OMG! That's going to be my new slogan!) and several that are just flat out wickedly fun. Zombie lovers, give it a try!

More books by A.M. Harte

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hungry For You  was provided by the author for review.

4 comments:

  1. I read Jesse Petersen's zombie short stories and I really didn't enjoy them as much. Too short. I wanted a bit more.

    But you've got me intrigued with the zombie boner teaser...may be worth checking out just for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are short, but they're fun and imaginative. These guys definitely aren't your usual shambling dead.

      Delete