Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The House on Lake Jasper by Anne Kelleher [Review]

The House on Lake Jasper by Anne Kelleher
The House on Lake Jasper (Tilton Chartwell Mysteries #1) by Anne Kelleher
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: April 1, 2016

Tilton Chartwell Mysteries
1. The House on Lake Jasper - Kindle
2. The House on Lawton Road

Anne Kelleher
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Psychic medium Tilton Chartwell is trying to get her life in order: her ex seems intent on running her out of town. When an unexpected client invites Tilton and her sister to spend the weekend at an old Victorian on a secluded lake, Tilt finds she might have tackled more than she handle when one of the ghosts tells her she's "next." Can Tilton solve the mystery of the former owner's disappearance before her own life is threatened?
Thoughts on The House on Lake Jasper: I was pleasantly surprised by this book. The mystery of who or what was haunting Lake Jasper was dark enough to satisfy even my cold, dead heart. Frankly, the mystery packed more of a punch than I was expecting and I liiiiiked it. A lot.

That said, it did take me a while to get into Tilt as a character. I felt like I was dropped in the middle of her situation and had to be patient enough to wait for answers as to what she was capable up. It turns out she's capable of quite a bit. Her psychic abilities are strong and, now that she's been outed as a medium, she's not afraid to let people see what she can do.

Bottom line: I liked the book. Enough to read book 2 right after.

No comments:

Post a Comment