Tuesday, October 23, 2018

The Mistwalker by Regine Abel [Review]

The Mistwalker by Regine Abel
The Mistwalker (The Mist #1) by Regine Abel
Format: ebook
Source: provided by the author for review
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: October 19, 2018

The Mist
1. The Mistwalker - Paperback | Kindle
2. The Nightmare

Regine Abel
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
To be loved by a shadow in the Mist.

Every month, for three days, a mysterious fog filled with demonic creatures swallows the world. Since its first appearance a decade ago, I’ve diligently secured my home against the danger. Today, my sister’s negligence has allowed something in. A Mistwalker. A part of him now resides inside of me, his brand on my chest a constant reminder of his presence. He terrifies me and threatens to derail the life I’ve been building. And yet, a part of me is drawn to him…

I walked two worlds to be with her.

For years, I have lurked in the Mist, lying in wait for the opportunity to get to my fiery Jade. Now that humans have torn the Veil, nothing will keep me from crossing into the Mortal Plane to claim her. She’s my mate. I will not allow her to hide from the truth she knows deep within her but fears to acknowledge. I was made for her. I am her greatest wish.
Thoughts on The Mistwalker: Regine Abel always spins a good story and this one hit the spot. With a touch of danger and a passion that spans lifetimes and worlds, it worked for me on a lot of levels.

Kazan and Jade. He's the monster in the mist. She's the woman he's drawn to. Except he's not really a monster. He's a whole lot more than that. And he comes to mean everything to Jade. Which sounds like a good thing, but they have a a few bumps and hurdles to get over before they can truly commit to one another.

You know, things like how his kind only manifest once a month in Jade's world. And the whole thing where people think they're monsters. And the fact they have to feed in a rather unorthodox manner.

Pfft. No big, right? Totally things a couple can work through without a problem. And they do. But not without some heartache and that aforementioned danger.

Flat out, I liked this one. Jade is strong and determined, but her past has left her wary. Kazan is...what can I say about him? He's also strong and determined. You know, determined to show Jade how much she means to him. No matter the danger to himself. Which kinda sucks for poor Jade because once she's in, she's ALL in and she doesn't want to lose the guy.

I'm digging these Dark Tales, man. Digging them.



No comments:

Post a Comment