Tuesday, January 12, 2021

The Monster MASH by Angie Fox [Review]

The Monster MASH (The Monster MASH #1) by Angie Fox
Format: ebook
Source: provided through NetGalley
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: December 21, 2020

The Monster MASH
1. The Monster MASH - Paperback | Kindle
2. The Transylvania Twist
3. Werewolves of London

Angie Fox
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
The day I was drafted into the army of the gods, all I knew about being a MASH surgeon was what I’d learned from Hawkeye Pierce and Hot Lips Houlihan. Now here I am, Dr. Petra Robichaud, in the middle of an immortal war, assigned to a MASH camp with a nosy sphinx, a vegetarian werewolf, and an uptight vampire who really needs to get a life.

At least they’re all too busy with their own dramas to discover my secret: I can see the dead. It’s a forbidden gift, one that can get me killed, so I haven’t told a soul.

Until the arrestingly intense Galen arrives on my operating table, half-dead and totally to-die-for. When his spirit tries to slip out of his fatally wounded body, I impulsively slip it back in. Call it a rash resurrection. One I’ll live to regret.

Now Commander Galen of Delphi knows my secret, and he’s convinced I’m part of an ancient prophecy—one that can end the war for good. But taking a chance could cost me everything. And it would be easier to convince him to leave me alone, except now the prophecies are starting to come true…

Warning: This novel contains a hefty dose of danger, drama, practical jokes, pet swamp lizards, brooding demigods, adventure, romance, and heart—in a MASH camp where everybody knows your business.
Thoughts on The Monster MASH: A drawn-out war, immortals and quasi-mortals and critters of a dubious nature, and a teeny-tiny bit of prophecy. It's so small you'll barely notice it. You know, provided you've been living under a rock for the past millennia. HA. Yep, I liked this one. It was messy and bloody and full of actual heroes (we're talking heroes straight out of myth and legend here!) and one VERY reluctant doctor who knows first hand the price of trying to manipulate a prophecy to fit the circumstances at hand.

To say Petra is cautious might be understating things. She's resigned to living out the rest of her days in a MASH camp patching up wounded soldiers only to send them back out to the battlefield. She absolutely DOES NOT intend to reveal her ability to see the dead. No way, no how. Then Galen ends up on her operating table and she acts on instinct to save him.

AND THINGS START HAPPENING.

A hunky hero, a reluctant heroine, monsters, pranks, gods, a tough camp commander, and a WHOLE lot of close quarters. Petra might dig in her heels at being at the center of it all, but she rises to the occasion when it comes down to it. VERY fun and off-beat and I'm looking forward to what the next adventure brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment