Friday, June 10, 2022

JoAyyn by Amanda Milo [Review]

JoAyyn (The Pet Project #3) by Amanda Milo
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: March 29, 2021

The Pet Project
1. The Pet Project
2. Unnatural Selection
3. JoAyyn - Kindle

Amanda Milo
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
My alien keeper rescued me from a man I should have been able to trust: my father.

Raised by an alien, I never really learned how to interact with human people.

And that’s fine. I’m happy just as I am. I never feel like I’m missing out on anything.

...So I don’t understand why this new human, Lee, affects me so strangely.

Then again, he did just admit that he’s been hunting me.

If he hurts me, and Keeper finds out--he’s a dead man.

Ask me how I know.
Thoughts on JoAyyn: We met JoAyyn previously in passing and, well, her story's a doozy. In a good way. Mostly. Her Keeper protected her when she was young and ended up basically raising her himself. Which worked for her because she didn't have to worry about terrible things happening in the dark of night, but it also left her as a bit of an outsider among the other humans. While she was comfortable enough interacting with them, she was most comfortable with the alien who treated her like a beloved daughter.

Which means she was a wee bit undone when a certain human male in Keeper's stable started creeping into her thoughts. She really had no baseline for how healthy romantic relationships played out and she was very skittish around Lee at first.

But Lee was patient and calm and won her over by just...being there. Being there and being protective and not pushing her into anything she wasn't ready for. Which was fortunate because Keeper would have LOST IT if he had tried to force JoAyyn to do anything she didn't want. (No lie, she had that alien wrapped around her finger and he didn't mind it one bit.)

I'm a little sad to have reached the end of the published books in this series. It's been a ride and I had no idea I would like these aliens and their human pets nearly as much as I have. Just *thumbs up* all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment