Wednesday, June 8, 2022

The Pet Project by Amanda Milo [Review]

The Pet Project (The Pet Project #1) by Amanda Milo
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: March 28, 2021

The Pet Project
1. The Pet Project - Kindle
2. Unnatural Selection
3. JoAyyn

Amanda Milo
Website | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
My people collected--
(Captured.)
--all the bi-pedal inhabitants of a small blue planet in a galaxy that was quite a journey from our own star system.

Tender-skinned and intelligent, these new aliens make interesting pets. Fascinating, actually. And when the rest of the universe realizes this, everybody wants to own one.

Therefore, we need these new aliens to breed.

It’s my job to assist the aliens in reproducing… by whatever means I deem necessary.
Thoughts on The Pet Project: Hoo-boy. I wasn't expected to like the aliens who basically domesticated humans so they could become the most sought after pets in the galaxy, BUT I DID. The good doctor was there to help the captive humans thrive (and, yeah, get them to breed so they could have more of them, but that's another story for another day) and he had genuine affection for most of them. TBH, nobody liked that 4th in their captive group (with good reason), so you can't hold his dislike of that one against him.

The point is that the doc was there to do whatever he could to make sure the humans thrived in captivity. Seeing as how humans were declining since none of the aliens could figure out exactly what they needed to reproduce and (I really want to say 'thrive' here again, but I'm trying MIGHTILY to find another word) ... (I can't think of another word) ... (dangit) ... thrive (there I said it!), the doc's work was important. He made a bit of a mess of things at times because his people DIDN'T know what humans needed (beyond the basic physical needs, that is), but he tried his hardest and he learned.

As for Pet and Beast...I liked those two. Seen through the doctor's eyes, their joining didn't seem like a good match, but the two were happy together. And happy humans make good homes.

Did I expect to like this book as much as I did? I did not. But the doc and Pet and Beast and Prime all worked for me. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment