Thursday, June 9, 2022

Unnatural Selection by Amanda Milo [Review]

Unnatural Selection (The Pet Project #2) by Amanda Milo
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: March 28, 2021

The Pet Project
1. The Pet Project
2. Unnatural Selection - Kindle
3. JoAyyn

Amanda Milo
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
The aliens who have been raising us humans for hundreds of generations love to focus on developing and accentuating all the traits that Homo sapiens can express. And the man I’ve been locked in a cage with is an example of selective tampering at its most extreme.

He’s what we humans refer to as an ‘Ornamental.’

Keeper wants to pair us because he wants to replicate the looks of this male.

There’s just one problem.

This man is angry and mean. And he’s dead set against passing on his genes.

But being denied isn’t going to make Keeper very happy…
Thoughts on Unnatural Selection: For all I've loved previous books by AM in the past, I wasn't sure if this scenario was going to work for me. Humans in captivity can be hit or miss (for me!) and...well, it's been a weird 12 months. No worries, however, AM's streak of books that entertain and delight (and sometimes make me tear up, but that's another story!) is still going strong because DANG did I end up enjoying this one!

So. Humans as pets. Some get owners who love them and treat them as family and some get not-so-nice ones that rent out their stud abilities and treat their pets like absolute garbage.

Theresa is one of the lucky ones. She has a kind owner and a good life. She has two men who are devoted to her and several kiddos she loves very much. She's safe and kept from harm in her family enclave and she's genuinely happy with her life.

The newest human who's brought in is...not as happy. He's mean and aggressive and verbally lashes out. It takes time and patience (on both Theresa and the Keeper's part) before he begins to respond to any kindness without cruelty.

I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to like this setup, but (like I said) it WORKED for me. There was a lot going on here and I liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment