Monday, August 29, 2022

Stealing from Mr. Rich by Anna Hackett [Review]

Stealing from Mr. Rich (Billionaire Heists #1) by Anna Hackett
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 29, 2021

Billionaire Heists
1. Stealing from Mr. Rich - Paperback | Kindle
2. Blackmailing Mr. Bossman
3. Hacking Mr. CEO

Anna Hackett
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
To save my brother, all I have to do is steal from a billionaire.

My brother is in trouble. Again. But this time he’s in debt to some really bad people, and I’ll do anything to save him. Even be blackmailed into cracking an unbreakable safe belonging to the most gorgeous man in New York. And one of the richest.

Steal from Zane Roth—King of Wall Street and one of the famous billionaire bachelors of New York—sure thing, piece of cake.

You see, some people can play the piano, but I can play safes. My father is a thief, safecracker extraordinaire, and a criminal. He also taught me everything he knows. I’ve spent my entire life trying not to be him. I own my own business, pay my taxes, and I don’t break the law. Ever.

Now I have to smash every one of my rules, break into a billionaire’s penthouse, and steal a million-dollar necklace.

What I never expected was to find myself face to face with Zane. Tall, dark, handsome, and oh-so-rich Zane. He’s also smart, and he knows I’m up to something.

And he’s vowed to find out.
Thoughts on Stealing from Mr. Rich: Heck, yes. The first of the billionaire bachelors has been assaulted by the Cupid's arrows and Zane is ZERO PERCENT fighting it. Like, the dude literally tossed down a cool couple of million to help his new lady friend out and I AM SO HERE FOR THIS!

I'm going to just say Zane is extremely smitten by Monroe long before he ever learns her name. While Monroe is also nominally smitten, her side of the equation is a little more complicated due to the nature of the task set before her. Namely, she needs to steal something worth a whole lot of cash money from the hunky billionaire and she knows pulling him into her orbit is only going to result in heartache all around.

Except, it doesn't. Because Zane is focused and determined and he's not about to let the first lady he's *felt* something for in a long time get dragged down and spit out by the situation she's found herself in.

A little danger, more than a few steamy kisses, one very awkward meeting with Zane's mother (awkward on Monroe's part, really. Everyone else was okay with it.), a tight trio of billionaires, and a few safes that are very lovingly cracked. These billionaire bachelors are A-OKAY. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment