Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Baki by Ella Maven [Review]

Baki (Stranded with an Alien) by Ella Maven
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: January 4, 2023

Stranded with an Alien
Frost
Sinta
Baki - Paperback | Kindle
Taliz
Zearn
Sakar
Vixin

Ella Maven
| Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
While on the run from the aliens who abducted me from Earth, I find an abandoned shack on this alien planet and hide inside. When a winter storm descends, I’m stuck inside with no food, no warm clothes, and only melted snow for water.

But I’m not alone. There is a blue alien outside watching me with his violet eyes. I’ve seen his bulk, his powerful tail, and the sharp blades that emerge from underneath his scaly skin. I figure that I’m done for, and that I’ll freeze to death in this shack like a lonely human popsicle. But then the gifts start appearing under a snow-covered tree. And I have to wonder—is this a lure to coax me out of my hiding spot, or is this some sort of miracle?
Thoughts on Baki: An abducted human, an alien who doesn't quite fit in with his own people, and a storm that traps them together. No lie, I'm a sucker for the "trapped by a snowstorm" scenario so I was all in with this one.

So. Thea is having a rough time after waking up surrounded by cruel aliens. She escapes, but her circumstances don't measurably improve since there's a snowstorm coming and she's on an unknown world with little to no supplies. Crossing paths with Baki ends up being a blessing in disguise. Sure, he's an alien, but he's as unlike her former captors as anyone can be.

As for Baki, he's a bit of a loner and he definitely doesn't expect to be captivated by the snarly human hiding in his old cabin. THINGS HAPPEN, however, and soon the two are sharing space and secrets, among other things. Niiiiiice.

No comments:

Post a Comment