Friday, December 29, 2023

Sakar by Ella Blake [Review]

Sakar (Stranded with an Alien) by Ella Blake
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: January 16, 2023

Stranded with an Alien
Frost
Sinta
Baki
Taliz
Zearn
Sakar - Paperback | Kindle
Vixin

Ella Blake
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
My two girls and I are going to be snowed in for Christmas and that’s fine with us, until an alien spacecraft crashes behind our wooded Maine home. I take the gorgeous Virilian, Prince Sakar, home with me. He’s injured and tracking an endangered alien dog with a taste for my neighbor’s goats. Spending Christmas with an alien prince is the last thing my daughters and I expected, next to my falling in love with him. My heart’s been beaten up plenty, but can I take a chance on this male who adores my young girls and awakens desires I thought long dead?

I usually avoid Earth at all costs, but tracking the daerli led me to crash-landing on Nessa’s property in the middle of a snowstorm. My kind are forbidden on Earth, but I can’t leave without the rare creature I’m tracking, and the female I’m stranded with has enthralled me. I want her with all of my being. When the human authorities arrive to take me away, the deepest hidden side of my Virilian nature comes out to protect her. I must find a way to prove to Nessa that I am her fated mate, or lose her forever.
Thoughts on Sakar: An alien who accidentally ends up on Earth and the lady (and her kids) who shelter him during a snowstorm. While Sakar isn't looking for a mate (and doesn't expect to find one), he's pretty fascinated by Nessa and her little family. On Nessa's end, she might like the way the big guy looks, but she's got responsibilities (to her kids, her farm, and her job) that doesn't make it easy to jump in with both feet when a hunky alien is giving her hungry looks.

To make things even more complicated, Sakar is injured when his ship crashes and the creature he's been sent to retrieve is now running wild in the forest. So he has to heal (which is fairly quick for his people), catch a creature that very much doesn't belong on Earth, and make sure Nessa and her family are kept safe from the people in charge who don't want aliens on-planet.

A little danger, a little steam, a LOT of heat (in more ways than one), an unexpected journey off planet, and a ready-made family. (You know, once Nessa and Sakar got things figured out.) *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment