Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Frost by Ava Ross [Review]

Frost (Stranded with an Alien) by Ava Ross
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: December 9, 2022

Stranded with an Alien
Frost - Paperback | Kindle
Sinta
Baki
Taliz
Zearn
Sakar
Vixin

Ava Ross
Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Snowed in with an alien in enemy territory, I may not reach my destination before Christmas. Can Frost help me deliver my presents to the orphanage on time?

I need to deliver a shipload of presents to a colony orphanage before Christmas. After my parents died in the Evarian-Human War, I grew up in this orphanage. They gave me a home and a new start on life. Now I fly supply runs from one planet to another, donating the credits I earn to ensure other orphans get everything they need.

But when my ship crashes during a snowstorm in an alien forest, an Evarian warrior, Frost, saves me. He’s a gruff guy with a heart as lonely as mine. We ride out the storm together, and by the time the sky clears, I’m falling hard for someone I used to consider my enemy.

Frost promises he’ll get me to the orphanage before Christmas. But once we’ve delivered the presents, will I be able to tell him goodbye?
Thoughts on Frost: A human lady playing Santa Claus who ends up crash landing on the wrong side of a planetary border sounds like the setup for a little danger. Fortunately for Alina, Frost ends up being the one she crosses paths with (or, well, crashes her ship into his barn) and he's tired of war and maybe also a little tired of being alone on his mountain.

While the two are a teeny bit wary of one another at first (Alina, more than Frost, tbh), THINGS HAPPEN pretty quickly. Soon the two are tangled up and trying to figure out if there's a way for them to be together in the long term.

Throw in a dangerous time to be on the wrong side of the border (for both of them), some kids hoping for some Christmas cheer, and a steamy night spent in an abandoned cabin. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment