Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Purr for Purchase by V.K. Ludwig [Review]

Purr for Purchase (Alphas of Nasila #3) by V.K. Ludwig
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: February 16, 2023

Alphas of Nasila
1. Heat for Hire
2. Knot for Nest
3. Purr for Purchase - Paperback | Kindle

V.K. Ludwig
| WebsiteAmazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Baby books never mentioned knotty cravings.

Heather
What to Expect when the Omega is Expecting warned me about a lot of things when it comes to pregnancy without an alpha around. Never did it mention that I would develop romantic feelings for my balled fist. I need a knot. Or a growl. Hell, I’d do with a purr. So I call the omega distress line, shamelessly taking from the alpha operator what I need. There is some panting involved. Maybe a little yelp. Before I know it, the operator is banging on my door for a wellness check. Oops.

Davin
As a kinash working the distress line, I purred for many omegas. Never before did I accidentally get one off, only for her to scream and hang up. Concerned, I rush to her den to make sure she’s alright. She’s not. Because she has a dire case of waddling around in compression socks. She wants me to be her surrogate, which offers me half work at full pay. All I have to do is stick around until the youngling comes, and not do anything stupid. Like fall in love with a family.
Thoughts on Purr for Purchase: Doesn't it just figure that it's the alpha who is SURE he's never going to do the family thing who ends up falling for a pregnant human omega? One who needs him the way an omega needs a mate? One who is pretty much everything Davin didn't realize he wanted?

YEAH. Davin falls hard and it takes a surrogacy and the potential for losing his omega that finally kicks him into gear to realize what he needs. To be fair, Davin's family issues needed to be addressed and until he was willing to actually talk to his father things were just moving forward as they always had been. Which is to say he was stuck in a loop with no potential for going anywhere.

On Heather's end, she desperate for an alpha to help her through the end stages of her pregnancy, but once she hears Davin's purr, she's a one alpha omega. Not that she wants to believe it. Because, you know, Davin is pretty adamant about how he's only sticking around until the baby is born. He's definitely not going to get attached. Definitely.

A seriously nesting omega, an alpha who finds himself falling into role he didn't realize he needed, sexy times, molting, feathers, and the sweetest baby anybody could ever want. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment