Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Heat for Hire by V.K. Ludwig [Review]

Heat for Hire (Alphas of Nasila #1) by V.K. Ludwig
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: November 29, 2022

Alphas of Nasila
1. Heat for Hire - Paperback | Kindle
2. Knot for Nest
3. Purr for Purchase

V.K. Ludwig
| WebsiteAmazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Scarred. Stranded. Oh… and in heat.

Elli
I thought things were a struggle when my insurance refused to pay for my breast reconstruction surgery. But here I am, crashing my omega-classified ladyparts on a planet that makes me do silly things—like dry-hump the big, scaled, growly police officer who pulls me from the wreck. Until the next ship leaves for Earth, I have to embrace my inner omega. Problem is, I barely even feel like a woman.

Rhen
Having a heated Terran female run away from me during her rescue isn’t my favorite way to end my night shift. My growl improves it somewhat, because now she’s rubbing herself on me as I race her to the emergency intake. When she asks me to help her through her approaching heat, I hesitate. How am I supposed to ease Elli’s fears when an injury robbed me of the ability to purr?
Thoughts on Heat for Hire: Holy growling aliens, my friends. These alphas are lethal when they unleash those growls and purrs, aren't they? Heck, even though Rhen's purr is a little compromised, it still gets Elli where she needs to be.

But we'll talk about that in a moment. First...Elli and Rhen. She's an unsuspecting human who finds out she's VERY compatible with the Alphas on the planet she ended up on. He's the upstanding police officer who has no intention of getting tangled up with an omega. Mostly because he thinks his damaged purr makes him undesirable to any female. On the other hand, Elli's medical issue puts her in the same boat. So to speak.

Basically, they both think their issues are too big for anyone of substance to get past until, you know, they fall into one another's orbit. Even then, it takes a while for them to realize what they have is real.

A woman learning to embrace her omega side, a man who gives everything he needs to give, a lot of growling, and a WHOLE lot of sexy times. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment