Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Deceived by the Gargoyles by Lillian Lark [Review]

Deceived by the Gargoyles (Monstrous Matches #2) by Lillian Lark
Format: ebook
Source:borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: April 19, 2023

Monstrous Matches
1. Stalked by the Kraken
1.5. Found by the Lake Monster
2. Deceived by the Gargoyles - Paperback | Kindle
2.5. Ensnared by the Werewolf
3. Entranced by the Basilisks
4. Hoarded by the Dragon

Lillian Lark
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
A curvy librarian looking to start a family, a clan of gargoyles, and the deception that starts it all.

My family has always found me lacking. From the way I dress, how I look, to the type of magic I have. My family name is full of pomp and prestige, and I want nothing to do with it.
I’m a witch that knows how to set a goal and I have one in mind.

I want a real family.

Dating is a travesty. All the suitors I meet are looking for a connection to the family name I left behind. I need help.
Enter the matchmaker. It seems too good to be true that I can give her the list of traits I want in a partner and have my deepest desire answered, but I’m out of options.

Love comes along in the most unexpected ways.

From the very first moment I meet Elliot Bramblewick, I have hope. But he’s tricky.
I’m not expecting him to be hiding two other mates. Mates who are as alarmed and intrigued by my presence as I am by theirs.
He thinks I’m a perfect fit for them, but can I open my heart and discard my list long enough to see if this is the family I’m looking for?

None of my lists and plans prepared me for being courted by three gargoyles.
Thoughts on Deceived by the Gargoyles: Gargoyles, my friends. Yessssss. Not just one gargoyle, either. A trio of them! Because the more the merrier! At least that's what Grace comes to realize.

So. Grace. She's a witch from a powerful family and that family name isn't doing her any favors when it comes to dating. I mean, having someone go out with you strictly to meet/get something from your family is kind of gross.

The good news? Elliot doesn't care she's a Starling. He likes Grace for herself and he thinks she's fit in VERY will with his gargoyle clan. And by that I mean she's the missing piece for him and his other two mates. The not-so-good news? He doesn't quite disclose the other two mates thing.

Which means Grace has a lot to wrap her head around. Because Elliot also comes part and parcel with Broderick and Alasdair. While they might get a bit of a rocky start (once the truth comes out), Grace soon finds that she and these three gargoyles work VERY WELL together.

A little danger, a lot of getting to know one another, an unexpected monstrous reveal, and a whole lot of lovin' once these four get things worked out. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment