Friday, February 9, 2024

Sidetracked by R.L. Kenderson [Review]

Sidetracked (The Busy Bean) by R.L. Kenderson
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: January 27, 2023

The Busy Bean
Sweetheart
Cowboy
Cakewalk
Friendzoned
Studfinder
Doubletalk
Sidetracked - Paperback | Kindle
Fireproof
Footnote
Afterglow

Related Series:
(find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
In Vino Veritas
1. Wildfire

Moo U
1. Boyfriend

True North
1. Bittersweet

Speakeasy
1. Touchstone

Vino and Veritas
1. Roommate

R.L. Kenderson
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
CHARLI

My workplace eliminated my position the same month my relationship ended. With nothing keeping me in Richmond, Virginia, I get in my car and head northeast, unsure of where I’ll end up.

Until I walk into The Busy Bean Café.

With the Help Wanted sign and the quote on the wall meant for me, I know I’ve found my new home.

GABE

I gave up my executive job in Boston to come home to help run my family’s hardware store and to open my own handcrafted furniture business. I have specific plans for my life.

Those plans don’t include the coffee shop’s new flighty barista even if she is cute as hell.

But when I become Charli’s landlord, I find it harder than ever to stay away from her. And soon, I don’t want to.
Thoughts on Sidetracked: Sunny Charli and grumpy Gabe are the next couple to be hit by the Busy Bean love curse and...Gabe is pretty darn grumpy. Well, wait. Maybe he's not grumpy exactly, but he's not a big fan of small talk and he has a default scowl that would probably scare small children and animals.

Okay, yeah. He's grumpy. But in a kind of endearing way? Like, Charli might not have wanted to deal with him at first, but his grumpiness doesn't scare her. She just works around that side of him and does her own thing. Well, unless they're doing THINGS together. Things that Gabe is pretty sure will lead to clinging on Charli's part (because in his experience it always does even when the lady in question says it won't), but she surprises him. In so many ways.

On Charli's end, she's between jobs, has just broken up with her boyfriend (who is a major butthole with the stunt he pulled with her furniture, btw), and she's looking for something. What? Well, she doesn't know. But she's probably know it when she sees it. Renting half a duplex from grumpy Gabe who happens to make her pulse skyrocket? Whatever. She can handle it. Right? HEH. Yeah. There's some handling going on, for sure.

A fresh start, family, The Busy Bean love curse (poor Audrey and Zara had no idea they'd be THE hot spot for coffee and love matches when they opened the BB!), and two people who make things work in the best way. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment