Thursday, February 15, 2024

Afterglow by Aria Wyatt [Review]

Afterglow (The Busy Bean) by Aria Wyatt
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: January 29, 2023

The Busy Bean
Sweetheart
Cowboy
Cakewalk
Friendzoned
Studfinder
Doubletalk
Sidetracked
Fireproof
Footnote
Afterglow - Paperback | Kindle

Related Series:
(find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
In Vino Veritas
1. Wildfire

Moo U
1. Boyfriend

True North
1. Bittersweet

Speakeasy
1. Touchstone

Vino and Veritas
1. Roommate

Aria Wyatt
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I’m a numbers girl.

Or at least I thought I was, until my formula fell apart. Back home in Vermont, with my dream on hiatus, I’m working at the Busy Bean and taking online classes. As long as I keep my focus, I’ll be back in New York City next semester. Hopefully.

When Declan O’Shaughnessy storms into the cafĂ©, all muscles and tattoos, wielding his sexy Irish brogue like a weapon, the only equation I can solve is one that lands me in his bed. Even more dangerous, is my growing affection for his cherub-faced little boy.

But Declan has complications of his own. He’s cagey, but I’ll win him over.

Yeah, about that focus… mine is all on him. Can we have a harmless fling without getting hurt?
Thoughts on Afterglow: Oh man. Secrets, past trauma, and the many layers (not all good) of family. Declan and Solana deal with a lot as they navigate their potential relationship and figure out how to be a couple.

To be fair, Solana never meant to hide who her family was. Her falling out with her brother and all the messiness that went along with it was one of those things she was dealing with. Sort of. Regardless, she didn't know the issues between her brother and Declan (and her brother's wife) and finding out how they were interconnected was as much a shock to her as it was to Dec.

I have feelings about Solana's brother, too. Not good feelings. Let's just say there was a lot of realizations he (and others) needed to come to before they could be in a good place.

As for Declan and his issues, I feel like the guy would take two steps forward and one step back. Or, not him, exactly, but the circumstances he found himself in would push him back down again and again and he was too afraid of losing what little he had to fight for more. Which kind of spiraled him down further. Given how hard he'd fought to get where he was, it was a little tough to watch.

A sweet kiddo, a man trying to fix his mistakes, a brother that needed a good yelling at, and a lady who is smart enough to ask questions when things go south. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment