Friday, February 16, 2024

Cookies For My Orc Neighbor by Michele Mills [Review]

Cookies For My Orc Neighbor (Sweet Monster Treats) by Michele Mills
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: February 9, 2023

Sweet Monster Treats
Cookies For My Orc NeighborKindle
Candy For My Orc Boss
Cupcakes For My Orc Enemy
The Single Mom and the Orc
Single Orc Dad
Twins for the Wild Orc

Michele Mills
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
The big green Orc living next door to me is so very mysterious.

He works from home and rarely goes outside. And when he does go out, he never wears a shirt buttoned over his massive chest, no matter the weather. Small children and senior citizens run screaming when he stomps to his truck, so I guess I understand his reticence?

But today is Valentine’s Day and I’m worried the big guy is sad and lonely. My neighbor is more angry-looking and growly than usual, despite that darling puppy he recently adopted.

And since I happen to be alone this Valentine’s Day too, I decide to bring him a plate of my famous sugar cookies.

Everyone warns me not to disturb him because Orcs always claim their Brides in the dark of winter.

But for some reason, this doesn’t worry me at all.
Thoughts on Cookies For My Orc Neighbor: Okay. We're heading into V-Day with a human who doesn't want to annoy her neighbor and the wild orc who's convinced himself civilized. Which means he's used to locking himself down and playing it safe. Which, in turn, means Grace doesn't want to cross any lines with him and irritate him with her presence since he gives off some pretty grumpy vibes.

Turns out, Alden isn't all that grumpy. Well, maybe he is a little. But once Grace screws up the courage to introduce herself, the big guy can't get enough of her. On the downside, he's civilized enough to know that claiming his Bride the way his wild side wants to is probably not going to be end well. That said, Grace isn't turned off by the idea at all and, well, THINGS HAPPEN.

THINGS HAPPEN. Sure, there's a speed bump or two on the way to the happenings, but they get there. Eventually.

Neighbors with benefits, cookies, a wild orc trying to be noble, and the human woman who's likes him just the way he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment