Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Candy For My Orc Boss by Ava Ross [Review]

Candy For My Orc Boss (Sweet Monster Treats) by Ava Ross
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: February 9, 2023

Sweet Monster Treats
Cookies For My Orc Neighbor
Candy For My Orc Boss - PaperbackKindle
Cupcakes For My Orc Enemy
The Single Mom and the Orc
Single Orc Dad
Twins for the Wild Orc

Ava Ross
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
A new life, a new job, a new orc husband . . . Wait, isn’t he supposed to be my boss?

After my ex announces his wedding to someone other than me, I’m eager to leave town. A new life and a new job are just what I need to restore my mojo. On the way to my destination, I overnight at a hotel where edible unmentionables and a tattooed orc construction worker rock my world. I sneak out the next morning, figuring I’ll never see him again.

Until I walk into my new job. That hot orc construction worker?

He’s my boss.

He’s eager to continue where we left off.

And those symbols on his wrists? According to orc tradition, they mean we’re married.
Thoughts on Candy For My Orc Boss: Hoo-boy. A work place romance that starts out with a bang. In the euphemistic sense. Which leads to a leeeeeetle bit of awkwardness when Chastity walks into her boss's office on the first day on the job. Because who expects the one night stand they snuck away from in the morning to be their new boss, amirite? (Well, except in romance books, but what can you do?!?!)

So. Max and Chastity. They have a little of that morning after awkwardness (which doesn't take place the morning after thanks to the aforementioned sneaking away) mixed with mating marks and some seriously smoldering looks. All I can say is that orc who can smolder really know how to rock a lady's world.

Oh, there's also a little tension that needs to be dealt with courtesy of Max's dad's unhappiness with Max finding his other half in someone of the non-orcish variety. Some quick thinking and a slightly heroic feat fixes his attitude eventually, but it takes a while to get there.

Sex-ay shenanigans, a gentlemanly orc, a human lady trying to make the best of an awkward situation, and a new job. Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment