Thursday, July 25, 2024

Single Orc Dad by Ava Ross [Review]

Single Orc Dad (Sweet Monster Treats) by Ava Ross
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: October 24, 2023

Sweet Monster Treats
Cookies For My Orc Neighbor
Candy For My Orc Boss
Cupcakes For My Orc Enemy
The Single Mom and the Orc
Single Orc Dad - Paperback | Kindle
Twins for the Wild Orc

Ava Ross
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Will my roller coaster romance with my hunky orc neighbor fly off the rails or ignite our hearts forever?

After inheriting my estranged dad's defunct kiddie amusement park, I turn in my corporate badge and return to my old hometown. Despite the issues I had with my dad, I rediscover the fun I missed out on while I lived ten years in the city. I'm determined to turn Quirky Kingdom into the showpiece it used to be. Problem is—more than just the rides need fixing. It’s way more than I can handle on my own.

I tap my new neighbor to help—Rexin, a hunky orc handyman who’s also a single dad extraordinaire. Since it’s summer, he brings his twelve-year-old son to the job with him.
As we grease wheels on the purple turtle ride and get the elephant carriages running again, sparks ignite between us. I begin to believe moving home was the right idea.

But my past makes me gun shy, and I’m not sure if what we’ve started will make me want to live in this town forever. His son playing matchmaker is cute, but it sure isn’t helping.

Only time can tell if our rollercoaster relationship will clickety-click its way to something special or veer off track forever.
Thoughts on Single Orc Dad: No lie, I have a thing for run-down amusement parks, so this one kind of hit the spot. Sure, it was more a run-down amusement park fix-up, but I'll take it. Plus, the hunky orc and sassy human lady could NOT keep their hands off one another once they let go of their inhibitions.

But before we get to them...Rexin's son was ADORABLE. His super not-subtle attempts at matchmaking were great. Just...perfect. Fake phone calls to set up lunch dates, giving them time alone to get to know one another. Brear was a sweetheart from the start and I am all for his outstanding matchmaking.

As for Rexin and Adelaide, they might not have needed Brear's matchmaking attempts, but they were appreciated all the same. From the first time they meet, these two are attracted. A lot. They may have tried to hide it in the beginning, but it didn't take long before these two were getting frisky whenever the mood took them (provided little eyes and ears weren't around).

A little drama, a lot of elbow grease, a dip in the falls that has a very satisfying ending, an orc who knows what he wants when he sees it, and a lady who falls in love with an amusement park (and comes to terms with the issues she had with her dad) all over again. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment