Monday, April 1, 2024

Roommate by Sarina Bowen [Review]

Roommate (Vino and Veritas) by Sarina Bowen
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: January 16, 2024

Vino and Veritas
Roommate - Paperback | Kindle
Featherbed
Headstrong
Heartscape
Aftermath
Undercover
Booklover
Flipcup
Hideaway
Unguarded
Turnabout
Daybreak
Insatiable
Heartsong
Limelight
Undone
Showstopper
Unforgettable
Stronghold

Related Series:
(find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
The Busy Bean
1. Sweetheart

In Vino Veritas
1. Wildfire

Moo U
1. Boyfriend

Speakeasy
1. Touchstone

True North
1. Bittersweet

Sarina Bowen
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Wanted: One roommate to share a 3-bedroom house, split the rent, and ideally not be the guy I can’t stop thinking about.
I’m a man with too many secrets, so the last thing I need is a new roommate with a sexy smile and blue eyes that see right through me. Eight years ago, Roderick left town after high school. We’re not friends. I owe him nothing. But back then, I let one of my secrets slip, and he’s the only one who noticed.
Part of me knows I should run far, far away. But the other part wants him to come upstairs and spend the night. But if I let him in, I could lose everything.

Seeking: a room to rent in town. I’m tidy, have no pets, and I will feed you homemade bread.
I should probably add: Gay AF, and has no filter. It’s no wonder my new landlord is so wary of me.
A smarter man would ignore those hot glances from Kieran Shipley. The broody lumberjack wants more from me than another homemade pretzel, but if I push my luck, I’ll end up back on the street.
Too bad I’ve never been smart with my heart…
Thoughts on Roommate: Yes! It's Roderick the baker and Kieran the quiet, brooding Shipley and I AM HERE FOR IT. Just to be clear, I read these books out of order, so Roddy and Kieran's coupledom has been happily playing out in the background of the other couples and I am pleased to finally see them in all their unfettered glory. Although, Kieran is pretty fettered when we first meet him. The poor guy's wrapped up tighter than anything and it takes a little time for Roddy to get him to unwind.

So. Kieran is quiet and watchful and doesn't quite know how to reconcile his secrets with his want for Roderick. In fact, he tries very hard to not like Roddy at first. Partially because of an incident (or three) from high school and partially because he's never allowed himself to unbend enough to figure out the the person he is. Which sounds odd, but Kieran is locked up as tight with himself as he is to those around him. Roderick returning to town kind of changes that. Well, it started with Kieran taking the step to move out on his own, but Roddy's kindness and acceptance of him gave him the room to figure things out.

On Roddy's end, he has a big heart that's a little bruised after his last relationship. The absolute last thing he plans on doing when he rolls into his old hometown is get involved with anybody. Then Kieran offered him a hand up when he needed it most and THINGS STARTED HAPPENING. Soon the two are cooking together and doing other things. Sex-ay things. YES!

A whole lot of secrets, family that keeps on giving, pretzels, figuring things out, a man who isn't looking for romance, and another who's all-in once he figures out that Roddy makes him happy. GOOD STUFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment