Friday, April 19, 2024

Limelight by E. Davies [Review]

Limelight (Vino and Veritas) by E. Davies
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 3, 2023

Vino and Veritas
Roommate
Featherbed
Headstrong
Heartscape
Aftermath
Undercover
Booklover
Flipcup
Hideaway
Unguarded
Turnabout
Daybreak
Insatiable
Heartsong
Limelight - Paperback | Kindle
Undone
Showstopper
Unforgettable
Stronghold

Related Series:
(find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
The Busy Bean
1. Sweetheart

In Vino Veritas
1. Wildfire

Moo U
1. Boyfriend

Speakeasy
1. Touchstone

True North
1. Bittersweet

E. Davies
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Save the bees, ride a rock star.

Formerly famous . . . and planning to keep it that way.

After my band kicked me out, I ran away to Vermont, changed my name, and kept my head down. So far, it’s working and nobody knows who I am. Or who I was. Until I see geeky poet Caleb stumbling through his first open mic night and I can’t help rescuing him. He’s as sweet as the honey my bees make and sexy enough to make me rethink so many things. But I can’t tell him my secret, or I’ll lose the anonymous life I worked so hard to build.

Everyone warns me he’s too good to be true.

I can’t believe a gorgeous, successful winemaker like Tag is into shy, geeky little accountant me. But he helps me blossom and believe in my talent, and works his way into my heart and my bed… not necessarily in that order. I’m falling for a man for the first time, and now I know what the missing number in my equation has always been.

When lies are revealed, though, someone’s going to get stung . . .
Thoughts on Limelight: I feel like I need to preface this review by saying I didn't hate this book. BUT...there was one thing in it that is sort of a pet peeve of mine and once I see it, I can't unsee it. So, yeah. The book itself was okay. I just happen to not love one little thing that started giving me an eye twitch early on.

As an aside, I'm aware of how lame and petty this sounds. Completely. But again, once I see it, I can't unsee it and here we are.

I kind of loathe when characters giggle incessantly. Once or twice I can handle because it's a legitimate expression of mirth. But giggling on every page or every other page? It grates on me. Then I start waiting for that next giggling moment and kind of stop caring about what's actually going on with the plot.

Tag and Caleb were fine as a couple (excluding the incessant giggling). Their issues were understandable because who wants to spill all their darkest secrets on their first date (or during their first week of dating, even), amirite? I didn't hate the book, I just got caught up in that one little issue that derailed my pure enjoyment of their story.

No comments:

Post a Comment