Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Insatiable by Rhys Everly [Review]

Insatiable (Vino and Veritas) by Rhys Everly
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: January 28, 2024

Vino and Veritas
Roommate
Featherbed
Headstrong
Heartscape
Aftermath
Undercover
Booklover
Flipcup
Hideaway
Unguarded
Turnabout
Daybreak
Insatiable - Paperback | Kindle
Heartsong
Limelight
Undone
Showstopper
Unforgettable
Stronghold

Related Series:
(find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
The Busy Bean
1. Sweetheart

In Vino Veritas
1. Wildfire

Moo U
1. Boyfriend

Speakeasy
1. Touchstone

True North
1. Bittersweet

Rhys Everly
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
It was just a bet . . . until feelings got involved.

This job sucks but someone’s got to do it. My readers expect me to chronicle my very real, very steamy encounters in my novels. I’d never want to disappoint my fans, but the creative well has run a bit dry. Burlington, Vermont, seems like a good place to fill it up. This town offers a tempting array of artists, craftsmen, farmers, lumbersexuals . . . and so many beards.

But no one prepared me for Brody. He’s young. He’s hot. He’s definitely a grump. And he's getting under my skin. Where I want him is under my bed sheets.

When my friend bets I’ll never be able to get Brody there, I make winning my mission. Turns out being with Brody is more than a plot device. He’s so very wrong for my life . . . but is he right for my heart?
Thoughts on Insatiable: We're back in Burlington and a (flirty) writer and a (grumpy) maple wine maker. Logan is...honestly, he's not terribly likeable in the beginning. Which I think might be a me-thing (but maybe not) because I am NOT a fan of bets that lead to people trying to get someone in bed. To be fair, Brody is also kind of unlikeable because the guy has a massive chip on his shoulder and is just kind of an a-hole when we first meet because of it.

Brody grew on me once he grudgingly accepted Logan's help with his maple wine marketing and started getting excited about life. (No joke, the guy was a walking thundercloud when we first get introduced to him, so getting excited about anything was a VERY good thing.) Logan took a little longer to warm up to. On the plus side, he didn't try to get in anyone's pants (except Brody's) once he met Brody.

A little drama, a jealous ex, a boyfriend of the ex who was actually a pretty decent dude, maple wine, pancakes, heartache, a romance book, a writer finding his inspiration, and a wine maker who needs to find his center. It is good to be back in Burlington again!

No comments:

Post a Comment