Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Showstopper by Regina Kyle [Review]

Showstopper (Vino and Veritas) by Regina Kyle
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: March 12, 2024

Vino and Veritas
Roommate
Featherbed
Headstrong
Heartscape
Aftermath
Undercover
Booklover
Flipcup
Hideaway
Unguarded
Turnabout
Daybreak
Insatiable
Heartsong
Limelight
Undone
Showstopper - Paperback | Kindle
Unforgettable
Stronghold

Related Series:
(find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
The Busy Bean
1. Sweetheart

In Vino Veritas
1. Wildfire

Moo U
1. Boyfriend

Speakeasy
1. Touchstone

True North
1. Bittersweet

Regina Kyle
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
I swore I wouldn’t do this again. Mix sports, school, and sex. But right now the only thing standing between me and the NHL is six feet of frenemy packed into a pair of form-fitting jeans that have me thinking all kinds of things I shouldn’t. Mostly how to get him out of them.

I don’t just want Kolby. I need him. Because I’ve got to pass this theater class--yeah, I said theater--if I’m going to keep my spot on the team. When tutoring sessions turn into dates-not-dates over Shipley Cider at Vino and Veritas, I realize it’s going to be harder than I thought to keep my hands on my stick and off of Kolby. Worse, I think I might be falling for him. But I’m not ready for that. I want to keep this thing between us on the down-low for now.

But Kolby hates secrets. Especially his own . . .
Thoughts on Showstopper: We're back at V&V (life and other occurrences forced me to take a small reading break from Burlington) and (to my utmost delight) we got to spend some quality time with the hockey players at Moo U this time around. Adam is big, focused, and trying to find his place after transferring to the university.

But as focused as a person can be, sometimes love just smacks you upside the head and forces you to take notice. Even if the person you end up focused on isn't exactly what you think your ideal is. That said, Kolby has layers. He's smart, driven, and perfectly flirty. Soon he's getting under Adam's skin and the two are spending more and more time together.

That said, they both have secrets. Adam had REASONS for transferring to Moo U and Kolby's family is...not great. It takes time and trust before things get smoothed out between them. That said, Adam's teammates are pretty great. They have his back in a big way when things come out.

Secrets, snark, family dynamics (of both the complicated and supportive variety), friends, the hockey house, a man who isn't afraid to be himself, and another who loves hard when he gives himself the chance to. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment