Saturday, April 6, 2024

Orc Owner by Kylie Marcus [Review]

Orc Owner (Munston: The Monstrous Mountain Town #1) by Kylie Marcus
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: June 26, 2023

Munston: The Monstrous Mountain Town
1. Orc OwnerKindle

Related Series:
(find all the books in the series on the 1st book review)
Monster Between the Sheets
1. Watt and Bothered

Monster Between the Sheets Season 2
1. Valkyrie's Choice

Kylie Marcus
| Website | Amazon

Synopsis (Goodreads):
River
Every weekend, I don my Elvish garb and head to the woods with my fellow role-playing nerds. My favorite part of the fantasy world should be the escapism, but a certain orc lord who dominates deep in the woods stimulates my imagination in ways I’ve never experienced.

This time, when King Kade catches me, his promises have me squirming with desire and anticipating our next encounter … But walking into my new job on Monday morning brings two revelations … my new boss is none other than my orc lord.

And Kade’s role-play seems much more “real” than I could ever have dreamed …

Kade
The first time I see my little elf in the woods, she steals my breath and heart. Capturing River quickly becomes the highlight of my week.

The need in her hazel eyes and the tremble of her soft curves pressed against my hard body tells me she feels the same. But how will my sexy little elf react when she realizes my “costume” is more authentic than she first thought?

Just when things look like we might be getting somewhere after months of flirting around our attraction, life throws us another curveball. Keeping my hands to myself after finally getting a handful proves harder than I think.

But River’s mine, so if I have to go all orc on her, I will. No matter what it costs us.
Thoughts on Orc Owner: Okay. LARP-ing, a small town, video games, and a few monsters. I'm in!

Engaging in some low-key flirting (and some not-so-low-key) in their once a week LARP-ing adventures means River and Kade are VERY ready for more when they accidentally meet in person. One smokin' night later and they're both willing to see where this thing between them goes. Then Kade realizes River is the consultant called in to unravel a sticky situation at his business and things get complicated.

On River's end, she has a job to do and she can't muddy the waters by engaging in some (very fun) extracurricular activities with the sexy orc owner. No matter how much she might want to. ON the plus side, her consulting gig is short term and she's VERY motivated to get to the bottom of the issues so she and Kade can get back to getting physical.

On Kade's end, he might understand where River is coming from when she asks him to keep things non-romantic while she working for him, but his orc-ish instincts are a little harder to control. And instead of talking to her about his issues, he goes radio silent while she cleaning up the mess at his company. Which River doesn't care for.

That said, once they start talking (and get back to LARP-ing) things move in the right direction.

A sassy elf, one larger than life orc, a little business that needs to be taken care of, and a whole lot of steam once these two get where they need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment