Friday, October 11, 2024

All I Wanted Was a Glass of Vino but an Alien Duke Kidnapped Me Instead by Patra Palerno [Review]

All I Wanted Was a Glass of Vino But an Alien Duke Kidnapped Me Instead (Bubble Babes #3) by Petra Palerno
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: April 26, 2024

Bubble Babes
1. All I Wanted Was Sushi But I Got Abducted By Aliens Instead
2. All I Wanted Was to Become a Scientist But Now I've Got an Alien Boyfriend
3. All I Wanted Was a Glass of Vino But an Alien Duke Kidnapped Me Instead - Paperback | Kindle

Petra Palerno
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
☆MARTA

The reality of being a mob boss' daughter is anything but glamorous, despite what one might think. In the absence of true freedom, my only companion was my loyal dog, Bruno. When he passed, I felt like my life had hit rock bottom. But when aliens abducted me from my pity party in a local wine bar, I realized how wrong I was. As if things couldn't get any worse, I woke up in an alien duke's closet, forced to rely on a giant alien pleasure toy as my only means of defense. All I know is that the gaudy duke can’t stand me…and the feeling is mutual.

☆RAF’ERE

Throughout my dukedom, I have dedicated myself to restoring the fi'len species to their natural aquatic habitats. How in the goddess's name am I supposed to do that when this human is my mate? Despite her mouthiness, the tiny human cannot swim. Did that stop me from stealing her cryopod from a crashed ship and locking it in my closet? Absolutely not. I also didn’t expect her to wake up and demand answers, either. But I can’t expect my people to look at me to lead if a human stands beside me, despite how much my body burns for hers. The dilemma arises: should I prioritize the goddess's wishes or grant her the freedom she deserves, joining the other human refugees?
Thoughts on All I Wanted Was a Glass of Vino But an Alien Duke Kidnapped Me Instead: Oh ho! It's Raf'ere's turn to find his special someone and let's juts say he DID NOT make the best impression in the earlier books. He's a little uptight a little smug (I was probably channeling Ke'ain as I wrote that last part), and he went a little too far with Jessy. That last one was a cultural thing, though, I think. I mean, these fi'len males do have a tendency to be straightforward in a way that's a little uncomfortable for human women. Especially if said women have been trafficked and forced into a life they didn't want.

But that's another story for another day. Let's just say that Raf'ere had some things that happened and leave it at that. Except, wait. He also kidnapped Marta. Which is bad. But again, cultural differences. Namely, the mating bond and the way it makes people act to protect those they're mated to. While this is technically a TERRIBLE idea, Marta gives as good as she gets. And her pushiness and unwillingness to back down on the things she needed gave Raf'ere the kick in the pants he needed to be a better person. Or at least a person who isn't confined to the rigid mold he thinks he needs to hold himself to.

As for Marta, she went from one cage to another. And that was even without being forced to dance for the aliens who abducted her. She was kept on a tight leash on Earth because of her father's business and the danger it put her in. Then she was kept captive in Raf'ere's rooms as he struggled with how to keep her safe while bending enough to give her some sort of freedom.

Yeah, these two didn't start out on the best foot. But with time and a whole lot of patience, they both got where they needed to be.

Am I digging these abducted women and the aliens who fall hard for them? YES, I AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment