Format: paperback
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: March 17, 2026
Aspect and Anchor
0.5. The King's Spinster Bride
1. Bound to the Battle God
2. Sworn to the Shadow God
3. Wed to the Wild God
3.5. The Half-Orc's Maiden Bride
4. Servant to the Spidae
4.5. The Sea-Ogre's Eager Bride
5. Vowed to the Vulture God - Paperback | Kindle
Ruby Dixon
| Website | Amazon |
Synopsis (Goodreads):
The Vulture God of Aos needs a partner.Thoughts on Vowed to the Vulture God: Another human from the regular world has been chosen to help an aspect during the Anticipation on Aos and Elsie does what she needs to do. Which makes it sound easy, but it's FAR from that. Elsie's just a regular lady trying to make ends meet in her world when she's dumped in a place she doesn't know with a god who doesn't care if he survives what's coming.
Or more accurately, a watchdog. It's my job to escort him through the phenomenon called the Anticipation. If I make sure he stays alive until the very end, the fates will save my brother's life.
Of course I say yes. Who wouldn't?
I expected Kalos to be repugnant, not an elegant, world-weary man with silvery hair and tired green eyes. I expected him to be cruel and uncaring. As we get to know each other, I find that his caustic commentary shields a soft heart that's been betrayed too many times before.
He's used to everyone hating him. He doesn't know how to handle love, or understanding. He doesn't know what to do when I don't turn away from him, and kiss him instead.
Most of all, Kalos doesn't know that I'm doomed to leave his side, no matter how this ends.
Kalos's aspect isn't the easiest one to deal with (who would be, really? Arrogance? You could just challenge him to do something by saying you didn't think he COULD do it and he'd fall all over himself to prove you wrong). Elsie has to push him into taking care of himself (not that he needs to do much since he doesn't eat or sleep, but moving out of the path of the advancing army is maybe a little important). She has to do her best to coax him into caring for those around him. Which is...well, he doesn't care. I mean, that's literally his thing. But Elsie soldiers on. Because what are the alternatives?
That said, Kalos does care. At least as much as this aspect can. He might be terrible at showing it, but Elsie gets him moving. He trusts her to lead them to wherever they're going next. He hates being forced into the mortal world during the Anticipation, but Elsie worms her way under his shields with her kindness and patience and boundless optimism and soon he's dreading leaving her. On the plus side, once he'd back in his realm they can be together. Or so he thinks. But Elsie's bargain with Fate has a different ending in store for them.
I honestly adore this world and these arrogant gods who are being forced to lean on their humans during their walk in the mortal realm. I know we've met at least one of all the aspects now, but there are still so many stories that can still play out (Seth! What is UP with that guy??). Aos is big and messy and I'd love to see where these characters take us.


No comments:
Post a Comment