Bride McTierney has had it with men. They're cheap, self-centered, and never love her for who she is. But though she prides herself on being independent, deep down she still yearns for a knight in shining armor.My Thoughts: Oh mah gawd. I had forgotten how much I love these Were-Hunters. SERIOUSLY. If you think your family life is whacked, just try having a mother who hates everything you represent and a father who fears you because you're stronger than he is. Throw in some magical shenanigans, a blood feud between the Arcadians and Katagaria shifters, and a whole bunch of cameos by characters from past books and I'm in paranormal heaven!
She just never expected her knight in shining armor to have a shiny coat of fur...
Deadly and tortured, Vane Kattalakis isn't what he seems. Most women lament that their boyfriends are dogs. In Bride's case, hers is a wolf. A Were-Hunter wolf. Wanted dead by his enemies, Vane isn't looking for a mate. But the Fates have marked Bride as his. Now he has three weeks to either convince Bride that the supernatural is real or he will spend the rest of his life neutered--something no self-respecting wolf can accept...
But how does a wolf convince a human to trust him with her life when his enemies are out to end his? In the world of the Were-Hunters, it really is dog-eat-dog. And only one alpha male can win.
Guys, I love Vane. LOVE HIM. He's clueless about how to woo a human woman and yet he tries. He tries so damn hard and it's sweet and perfect and I just adore how he likes Bride exactly as she is. He doesn't expect her to go on a diet or be anything less than herself. The fact that he has some wicked control over his very impressive powers is just icing on the cake. For her part, Bride's self-esteem has taken a beating at the hands at her ex and she has a hard time believing that someone as hotty hotty hot hot as Vane would even look twice at her. Yet, she still manages to shove that little voice down that's whispering about how he could never want her and take a chance on him. *draws sparkly hearts around these two lovebugs*
While this book is rather Daimon-lite, we get a whole new facet of this wacky world to explore. Ash and the irrepressible Simi put in an appearance and we see the fallout from the events of Mardi Gras night from another perspective. I love the division between the two sides of the Were-Hunters and I am soooooo excited to keep going with this reread!
Books in the Dark-Hunter Universe
1. Fantasy Lover
2. Night Pleasures
3. Night Embrace
4. Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #4, Were-Hunter #1)
5. Kiss of the Night
6. Night Play (Dark-Hunter #6, Were-Hunter #2) - Paperback | Kindle
7. Seize the Night
8. Sins of the Night
9. Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
10. Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #10, Were-Hunter #4)
11. The Dream-Hunter (Dark-Hunter #11, Dream-Hunter #1)
12. Devil May Cry
13. Upon the Midnight Clear (Dark-Hunter #13, Dream-Hunter #2)
14. Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter #14, Dream-Hunter #3)
16. One Silent Night
17. Dream Warrior (Dark-Hunter #17, Dream-Hunter #4)
18. Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter #18, Were-Hunter #5, Hellchaser #3)
19. No Mercy (Dark-Hunter #19, Were-Hunter #6)
20. Retribution (Dark-Hunter #20, Were-Hunter #7)
21. The Guardian (Dark-Hunter #21, Dream-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #8, Hellchaser #4)
22. Time-Untime (Dark-Hunter #22, Hellchaser #5)
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |