In the realm of the Dark-Hunters there is a code of honor that even immortal bad boys must follow:My Thoughts: I'm torn on this book. I like that we get to see another side of Ash and that Alexion is not your typical Dark-Hunter but I wasn't as engaged with this book as I had been with previous installments in the series. Alexion's story is rough and I wanted him to have his happy ending, don't get me wrong, but I never got that punch to the gut feeling that the other books gave me.
Harm no human. Drink no blood. Never fall in love.
But every now and again a Dark-Hunter thinks himself above the Code. That's when I'm summoned. Who am I? I'm the one thing the fearless fear. Step over the line and it's my wrath you will face. Nothing can touch me. Nothing can sway me. I am relentless and unfeeling.
Or so I thought until I met a female Dark-Hunter who goes by the name of Danger-it's not just her name, it's how she lives her life. She doesn't trust me at all. And who could blame her? She alone knows that I'm here to be judge, jury and most likely executioner of her friends. Yet she is my key to saving some of them. Without her, they all will die.
Dangereuse St. Richard is a deadly distraction. Something about her is reawakening a heart I thought was long dead. But in a race against evil, the only hope mankind has is that I do my duty. And how can I do my duty when it means that I will have to sacrifice the only woman I've ever loved?
That said, I do think we learn some interesting things about the overall world here. However, you have to wade through the lies and half-truths that Stryker is feeding the other Dark-Hunters to get it. Even Alexion gives half-truths and non-answers when Danger asks him questions about Ash. I think that's why I love poor Acheron so much -- he's wicked mysterious in these earlier books.
I like Alexion. Danger is... kinda meh, to be honest. I like the glimpses we get into Stryker's head. I love that we got a bit more on the Charonte demons (SIMI!). We also get an interesting little Savitar/Ash interaction.
While it's not my favorite in the overall series, I do like that things are never easy and no two HEAs have come about in the same way. I shall continue on with my reread and see what the next book brings!
Books in the Dark-Hunter Universe
1. Fantasy Lover
2. Night Pleasures
3. Night Embrace
4. Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #4, Were-Hunter #1)
5. Kiss of the Night
6. Night Play (Dark-Hunter #6, Were-Hunter #2)
7. Seize the Night
8. Sins of the Night - Paperback | Kindle
9. Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
10. Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #10, Were-Hunter #4)
11. The Dream-Hunter (Dark-Hunter #11, Dream-Hunter #1)
12. Devil May Cry
13. Upon the Midnight Clear (Dark-Hunter #13, Dream-Hunter #2)
14. Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter #14, Dream-Hunter #3)
16. One Silent Night
17. Dream Warrior (Dark-Hunter #17, Dream-Hunter #4)
18. Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter #18, Were-Hunter #5, Hellchaser #3)
19. No Mercy (Dark-Hunter #19, Were-Hunter #6)
20. Retribution (Dark-Hunter #20, Were-Hunter #7)
21. The Guardian (Dark-Hunter #21, Dream-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #8, Hellchaser #4)
22. Time-Untime (Dark-Hunter #22, Hellchaser #5)
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |