Date read: September 28, 2013
The Dark-Hunter Universe
1. Fantasy Lover
2. Night Pleasures
3. Night Embrace
4. Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #4, Were-Hunter #1)
5. Kiss of the Night
6. Night Play (Dark-Hunter #6, Were-Hunter#2)
7. Seize the Night
8. Sins of the Night
9. Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
10. Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #10, Were-Hunter #4)
11. The Dream-Hunter (Dark-Hunter #11, Dream-Hunter #1)
12. Devil May Cry
13. Upon the Midnight Clear (Dark-Hunter #13, Dream-Hunter #2)
14. Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter #14, Dream-Hunter #3)
16. One Silent Night
17. Dream Warrior (Dark-Hunter #17, Dream-Hunter #4)
18. Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter #18, Were-Hunter #5, Hellchaser #2) - Hardcover | Paperback | Kindle
19. No Mercy (Dark-Hunter #19, Were-Hunter #6)
20. Retribution (Dark-Hunter #20, Were-Hunter #7)
21. The Guardian (Dark-Hunter #21, Dream-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #8, Hellchaser #3)
22. Time-Untime (Dark-Hunter #22, Were-Hunter #9, Hellchaser #4)
24. Dark Bites (Dark-Hunter #24, Dream-Hunter #6, Were-Hunter #10, Hellchaser #5)
25. Son of No One (Dark-Hunter #25, Dream-Hunter #7, Were-Hunter #11, Hellchaser #6)
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |
A stunning and suspenseful new landscape emerges in the thrilling Dark-Hunter world—a world where nothing will ever be the same again. . .Thoughts on Bad Moon Rising: There is SO MUCH that happens in this book. Beyond the fact that it spans several years as we get to follow Fang and Aimee's slow-budding relationship, we get new levels to the already complex world that Sherrilyn Kenyon had built. A shadowy figure emerges who might be on the side of good and we get to see more facets of the Were-Hunter way of life.
Fang Kattalakis isn't just a wolf. He is the brother of two of the most powerful members of the Omegrion: the ruling council that enforces the laws of the Were-Hunters. And when war erupts among the lycanthropes, sides must be chosen. Enemies are forced into shaky alliances. And when the woman Fang loves is accused of betraying her people, her only hope is that Fang believes in her. Yet in order to save her, Fang must break the law of his people and the faith of his brothers. That breech could very well spell the end of both their races and change their world forever.
The war is on and time is running out...
If I take a really broad look at their relationship, most of the issues that keep Fang and Aimee apart come from Mama Peltier. She's kinda a stubborn old bear and she rules the family with an iron fist. While I get that Aimee felt that she had to do her duty to the family line and mate with a were-bear, doesn't fate have something to do with her chosen mate? Simply ignoring her feelings for Fang while she continues to look for the bear that's going to make her panties burst into flames doesn't seem like it's going to work really well.
Anyway. Fang's injury opens up a whole new level of crazy with what he encounters when he's half dead. I am SO CURIOUS how all this will eventually tie in together. Sherrilyn Kenyon's brain must be this insanely fantastic place that's both horrifying and awesome all at the same time.
We get to see some old favorites and a different point of view on some of the events that took place in earlier books. Souls are bartered, love is unearthed, and new danger is revealed.
Rereading this series has been pretty fantastic.